Late Night Visitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this big guy climbing the wall of my shop last night. It's only the 2nd tarantula I've seen since living here. Kinda creepy, but still fascinating.

Are you going to try to "home him out" to someone on OSA?

Don't bother asking me. The wife wouldn't agree with "homing" him/her.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh how cool!! I actually have a friend who would take her in and give her a good home!!

If I was ready (meaning my fish tank was cleaned out and moved to it's permanent home) I'd be tempted to say catch her, I'm coming to your house!! 😁🤗

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flamethrower GIF

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would I want to kill this tarantula?

It's harmless to me but eats tons of other insects that are actually more aggravating. I think most all life has value or it wouldn't be here. But people, being people, most of the time don't appreciate that value.

I'm not above swatting a fly or mosquito or something like that. But a big ole spider out in the garden or yard isn't hurting me and does a lot of good. I'll leave it alone.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Saw this big guy climbing the wall of my shop last night. It's only the 2nd tarantula I've seen since living here. Kinda creepy, but still fascinating.

Down around the surrounding Lawton area you would have to try hard not to see those tarantulas in the summertime.

Since I’ve been up here in the city I’ve seen only one and the little ninja bit me.
Id compared it to taking a nail and hammering your finger. SOB that hurt. That sucker knew he screwed up and I’ve never seen a spider run so fast. I was about to jolly green giant fee fi fo fum him into a spider pancake.

Latest posts

Top Bottom