Late Night Visitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been i Lawton for about 18 months and havent seen one yet.
Don’t know what to say. I was outside a lot and I could find tarantulas, scorpions, all types of snakes, and the elusive horny toads, box, turtles, and snapping turtles. A lot of these creatures start to move right before it gets to raining. You can find anything you want on the road. And if you have good eyes off the road too, I spent a lot of time on the refuge, I spent a lot of time out at Ellsworth or Latonka. I could find critters just about anywhere.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don’t know what to say. I was outside a lot and I could find tarantulas, scorpions, all types of snakes, and the elusive horny toads, box, turtles, and snapping turtles. A lot of these creatures start to move right before it gets to raining. You can find anything you want on the road. And if you have good eyes off the road too, I spent a lot of time on the refuge, I spent a lot of time out at Ellsworth or Latonka. I could find critters just about anywhere.

I grew up in Duncan and the "find anything in the road" is no joke! 🤣🤣🤣 I lived out on old Hiway 7 and spent a lot of my teenage/young adult years at Clear Creek. My kids thought their grandpa owned the lake! 🤷😂😂😂 I don't remember how they came to that conclusion but we had a great time with the "my P-paw is rich" thing. 🤣🤣🤣

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in Duncan and the "find anything in the road" is no joke! 🤣🤣🤣 I lived out on old Hiway 7 and spent a lot of my teenage/young adult years at Clear Creek. My kids thought their grandpa owned the lake! 🤷😂😂😂 I don't remember how they came to that conclusion but we had a great time with the "my P-paw is rich" thing. 🤣🤣🤣
Been up and down old HWY 7 a gazillion times. Up down 81 from Terrel, Waurika, Duncan, Rush Springs, Marlow to Chickasha. The southwest corner of the state used to be my stomping grounds. Not many a place or bar me and my old Harley haven’t hit up.

Right before Pumpkin center south 135th ST, south side of seven right before you go up the hill, there’s a pretty cool place. It was an old farm or maybe it still is. But they have a restaurant, first time I heard of it. I thought somebody was talking dirty. Anyways, it’s called the dry beaver. I think it’s only open on the weekends. A little pricey, but they have pretty good food. Nice place to go on a date. There’s a back patio up in the air and when it’s dark out, I kid you not, there will be a 30+ trash pandas down there begging for handouts I’ve never seen so many in one spot.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@Seadog man that place sounds pretty good. I love those kinda spots!

We haven't been back since we went down for my grandson's funeral. Too many family I'd rather not run into. 🤷

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Seadog man that place sounds pretty good. I love those kinda spots!

We haven't been back since we went down for my grandson's funeral. Too many family I'd rather not run into. 🤷
Well just a little further down the road, but in the same neck of the woods, you could hit up Marlow. The old bank. There’s an Italian restaurant called Giuseppe’s. The guy that opened it up was from New York. And the place is the bomb if you like Italian.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well just a little further down the road, but in the same neck of the woods, you could hit up Marlow. The old bank. There’s an Italian restaurant called Giuseppe’s. The guy that opened it up was from New York. And the place is the bomb if you like Italian.

We had a neighbor who moved here from NYC. I don't recall what his profession was but he worked on Marlow. They were TERRIFIED of the cattle in the pasture behind our houses (brand new subdivision). Thought they were "wild animals", paid us kids 50 cents a piece for each cutworm we pulled off their tomato plants and just generally were not impressed with "country life" (we lived in town lol). The tornado that blew the windows like of nearly every house in Duncan was the last straw apparently because after that they packed up and went back home. 🤣🤣 They were a really nice couple. Just missed living in the city.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like tarantula’s and other varmits.

Attachments

• IMG_1931.jpeg
    IMG_1931.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0999.jpeg
    IMG_0999.jpeg