Late Night Visitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We see tarantulas regularly. Had 1 (or several generations of the first) that lived just off our front porch. I would turn the porch light on and see "Charlie" cross the cross the porch and climb the wall. "Charley" hung around the front porch for 12 years.

I had a spot on the back of my hand. It never hurt, but was nasty looking and kept growing. Showed it to Dr. He had nothing. I was convinced it was a 🕷 spider bite. It kept getting bigger. Was larger than a dime and started running the hottest water I could stand from the sink faucet. Let the water run over the spot for 15 minutes. Next day, the spot looked better. Slowly healed and left scar or mark. It never hurt, but itched like crazy from day 1, up to when I applied hot water.

Through the years, I have seen and killed 4 scorpions in the house. 2 I didn't see, got me before I got them.

Tarantulas I don't bother, scorpions die on sight with no remorse.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the OKCGC there was one at the plinking range and one at the handgun range I used to see at times. I think the one at the plinking range lived on one of the old telephone poles they had for a curb. At least I would see it there most often. I called him George.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw this big guy climbing the wall of my shop last night. It's only the 2nd tarantula I've seen since living here. Kinda creepy, but still fascinating.

Man, I wish you had named your video differently. I was going to send a link to the video to a friend of mine that is scared of spiders. But with that name he'll never open the link. :-)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this one in our yard right before the wife took a rock to it. I let them be.
image000000.jpeg

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Down around the surrounding Lawton area you would have to try hard not to see those tarantulas in the summertime.

Since I’ve been up here in the city I’ve seen only one and the little ninja bit me.
Id compared it to taking a nail and hammering your finger. SOB that hurt. That sucker knew he screwed up and I’ve never seen a spider run so fast. I was about to jolly green giant fee fi fo fum him into a spider pancake.
I've been i Lawton for about 18 months and havent seen one yet.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We see tarantulas regularly. Had 1 (or several generations of the first) that lived just off our front porch. I would turn the porch light on and see "Charlie" cross the cross the porch and climb the wall. "Charley" hung around the front porch for 12 years.

I had a spot on the back of my hand. It never hurt, but was nasty looking and kept growing. Showed it to Dr. He had nothing. I was convinced it was a 🕷 spider bite. It kept getting bigger. Was larger than a dime and started running the hottest water I could stand from the sink faucet. Let the water run over the spot for 15 minutes. Next day, the spot looked better. Slowly healed and left scar or mark. It never hurt, but itched like crazy from day 1, up to when I applied hot water.

Through the years, I have seen and killed 4 scorpions in the house. 2 I didn't see, got me before I got them.

Tarantulas I don't bother, scorpions die on sight with no remorse.
When I lived in Texas we used to catch scorpions and put them on a sidewalk, then take a can of lighter fluid and make a circle around them. then make the circle smaller and smaller until they would bow up and sting themselves in the head. We were mean little bast***s

Latest posts

Top Bottom