Late Night Visitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Down around the surrounding Lawton area you would have to try hard not to see those tarantulas in the summertime.

Since I’ve been up here in the city I’ve seen only one and the little ninja bit me.
Id compared it to taking a nail and hammering your finger. SOB that hurt. That sucker knew he screwed up and I’ve never seen a spider run so fast. I was about to jolly green giant fee fi fo fum him into a spider pancake.

Oh man!! That's a bummer. I got stung by a scorpion once. Don't recommend it. At all.

T. MIKE SMITH

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lived in the country for a number of years- I had seen these guys on the golf course a bunch of times and we had some out where I lived to. I was ok with them but one day I was taking a shower and even though I had head and shoulder in my hair, I thought I was seeing something. I rinsed out my head and finally got to where I could see good- there was a scorpion on the shower curtain about but high. I hated to do it, but I spread insect granules around the yard and started mowing a wider area around the house.

Last edited:

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flamethrower GIF
Yep. You are going to have to burn the place down now.
No since in taking chances.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man!! That's a bummer. I got stung by a scorpion once. Don't recommend it. At all.
Picture this. I’m sitting on the couch. Watching my dad on the floor belly down on his elbows playing the Sega Genesis PlayStation. Circa 1990 I’m wishing Dod was not hogging the game and would give me a turn.

While he’s video gaming from the floor, he smack his right leg. About two seconds later, he does it again. And all of a sudden he stopped playing the game and starts smacking the heck out of his leg. Then he hopped up in the air and starts dancing while smacking his leg. Next thing, you know dad’s dropping his pants right there in the living room. Ouch. Ouch ouch. Starts flopping his pants. There’s a tiny little brown scorpion flops out.

Needless to say, this was disturbing and hilarious at the same time. Something I’ll never forget. On occasion I’ve see the little suckers in the various houses that I’ve lived, but I’ve been lucky enough where I’ve never been stung by one.

Last edited:

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember a summer probably about 15yrs ago my brother in law and I were driving around rural roads in the Blanchard/bridgcreek area and saw countless tarantulas! Dozens and dozens of them. You’d see one cross the road every 15 or 20 seconds while cruising along about 30mph. I’ve never seen anything like it again… We caught a few and kept them as pets for a while.

Still see a couple occasionally, but nothing like the numbers I saw that day

Latest posts

Top Bottom