Leake Car Show and Auction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it certainly has gone up since a started going about 15 years ago. But IIRC it was $10 then. I treat it like going to a car museum so at that price I guess it's not terrible.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to go for the all-you-can-drink afterparty on Friday night, however it's gotten fairly lame recently. It's mostly restored muscle cars with junk aftermarket parts on them, not much rare or original stuff anymore.

smcgee10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy of mine used to got to an auction in CA. IIRC You had to have a cashier's check for $10000 to get admitted. No ticket price. Just the cashier's check to keep out all the tire kickers. I you did not buy anything you got your check back. If you bought, they applied the check to what was owed. He just liked to look at the cars, so he would get a loan from the bank in the form of a cashier's check on Thurs. Fly out to the auction. Look at cars all week and have the check back at the bank that Monday. Claimed they charged him like $300 interest. Claimed it was the cheapest vacation ever since his wife hated to go with him.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went and thought there were definitely less cars than I expected. What I saw were most of the cars had reserves and didnt sell. The ones without reserves that did sell, sold cheap.

I like to look but these admission prices are starting to get a bit too high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom