Left job at AA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stromtomb

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck on your next adventure. You did right by putting family first. Companies and unions do only what is in their interests, always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Leemaxx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I wish you best. As an AA employee I feel your pain. I'm getting bumped to mids, don't know how long I can hold it. I'm not happy about it about it, but it'll work for now. If I get stuck on seconds I'll be forced to quit. I'm not missing out on kids school years. Once the wife is finished with school I'm going to start looking for another career anyways. AA has taken away everything that made it a good place to work. Again, good luck and I wish you the best.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leemaxx, what dock are you on? Things have changed alot since I hired on in '92. Not an enjoyable environment anymore. I wish you well on your situation.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I've been lucky most of my life regarding jobs and am positive about my future....for the most part.

SoonerATC, I'm planning on getting out of avaition and going to school for something in the medical field. Being an a/c mechanic is not what I would call a healthy job, regarding the toxic dust and chemicals we are exposed to. Not to mention the hearing loss.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drgnracing has a post for part-time FedEx driver, for an interim fill to help you out. OKCPD is also hiring.

Good luck and you definitely made the right decision in leaving. Hopefully you find something you like and it's NOT union controlled.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain and wish you well. In my opinion you are doing right by your kiddo.

I will be doing the same soon as my wife works nights and loves her job and I am on a rotating schedule 1-3 years on days and 1 year on nights. Right now the kid spends 2-3 days a week in another town with grandparents but that has to change before she starts school.

Latest posts

Top Bottom