Legal Bumpfire stock on the market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut and pasted from Arfcom why the guy from Slidefire thinks he will succeed where Akins failed......

Since there has been so much mis-information about the SSAR-15 and the process that I went through to bring this to market - I feel that it is necessary for me to clear up the facts as they actually are ... not as some people have assumed.

First off ... the letter that I sent the ATF regarding the rifle stock was very clear about it's intended purpose - to allow me to bump fire without having to hold the rifle at my waste. I also stated in this letter - as a secondary benefit - that it could also be used to help those that did not have the ability to manipulate the trigger using the traditional methods. At no point did I try to mislead anyone what the purpose of the SSAR-15 was ... it was so that I could bump fire while securely holding my rifle. A DV friend of mine, a quadriplegic, cannot pull the trigger on his rifle without using a dowel ... eventually I was able to adapt the SSAR-15 so that he could use his rifle just like the rest of us.

Second ... Mr. Akins 10/22 accelerator device was never submitted to the BATFE for evaluation. The item that was sent for evaluation was an SKS prototype that did not function. The BATFE never saw, nor did they ever approve the Akins Accelerator - so the individuals stating they reversed their decision do not know the facts. This documentation can be found online with a little Google Fu. The BATFE only required the spring in the AA device and the owners were allowed to keep their rifle stocks.

Third ... the BATFE ruling was made with the SSAR-15 installed ON one of their AR-15 rifles. The BATFE took pictures of the SSAR-15 installed and included it with their approval letter ... here they are.

I have read that too, but the guy posting that is also the one selling them, so you don't think he is going to say that his stock may be declared illegal at some point in the future now do you. Look, if you want one of these stocks, go for it. I am just trying to point out that just because ATF says it is legal today it may not be tomorrow. The Akins guys ended up with a $900 stock that they had to remove the spring from and it doesn't do a thing without it. While this guys stock is only $300 and has no spring, I just cannot see ATF allowing these to keep being sold knowing their past track record on such items. When these start showing up in crimes or a police officer is killed by one you can bet that they will find some way to declare the stock a post 86 machinegun. Again, if you have $300 to waste and want one then go for it. This is all just my humble opinion and I will now bow out of this thread. You all have a happy new year.

Voodoochile

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read that too, but the guy posting that is also the one selling them, so you don't think he is going to say that his stock may be declared illegal at some point in the future now do you. Look, if you want one of these stocks, go for it. I am just trying to point out that just because ATF says it is legal today it may not be tomorrow. The Akins guys ended up with a $900 stock that they had to remove the spring from and it doesn't do a thing without it. While this guys stock is only $300 and has no spring, I just cannot see ATF allowing these to keep being sold knowing their past track record on such items. When these start showing up in crimes or a police officer is killed by one you can bet that they will find some way to declare the stock a post 86 machinegun. Again, if you have $300 to waste and want one then go for it. This is all just my humble opinion and I will now bow out of this thread. You all have a happy new year.

I already made the same point several posts back regarding the ATF not sitting still when these things start flying off the shelves...I was just showing that there are differences regarding this situation and Akins'

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

In our current political climate I'd say any firearm-related investment is a gamble.

Buy the freakin heck outta these stocks I say.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes....those that are interested may want to ask Mark of Marks Firearms about the above statement!

:clap3:

The reason he was making reference to asking me, is because I was one of lucky people that purchased the $1000. Akins Accelerator, with the letter from the ATF, and then after many people like myself purchased said Akins Accelerator ATF changed their mind and made it a Class III item. We all had to turn in that nasty spring. Then we all had a worthless stock we paid a lot of money for.

I thought it was a good idea at the time, and was willing to take the chance. And many people like myself did.

Good luck to you all.

Mark

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, poop. Too good to be true, huh? Looks like it'd pay to be cautious here. Does anyone know roughly how long it took for the ATF to reverse itself on the Akins case?

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Akins Accelerator stock for the 10/22 also had a "good to go" letter from ATF. ATF latter reversed their decision and declared the stock a "post-86 machinegun" and the owners got screwed. http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2006-2.pdf

:) I don't think they can get away with it for so long. If that thing can fire FA on shoulder like that I don't think the ATF will likes it too much. I wouldn't pay $300+ for it... I use rubber band instead. hahahha

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was adding one to the cart to buy it when I noticed that they come in right or left handed versions. I shoot left handed but own right handed AR's. I don't know which one I should get. I have an email in to them now. If I have to buy a lefty version but righties can't use it, that kinda sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom