Legal Bumpfire stock on the market

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoochile

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut and pasted from Arfcom why the guy from Slidefire thinks he will succeed where Akins failed......

Since there has been so much mis-information about the SSAR-15 and the process that I went through to bring this to market - I feel that it is necessary for me to clear up the facts as they actually are ... not as some people have assumed.

First off ... the letter that I sent the ATF regarding the rifle stock was very clear about it's intended purpose - to allow me to bump fire without having to hold the rifle at my waste. I also stated in this letter - as a secondary benefit - that it could also be used to help those that did not have the ability to manipulate the trigger using the traditional methods. At no point did I try to mislead anyone what the purpose of the SSAR-15 was ... it was so that I could bump fire while securely holding my rifle. A DV friend of mine, a quadriplegic, cannot pull the trigger on his rifle without using a dowel ... eventually I was able to adapt the SSAR-15 so that he could use his rifle just like the rest of us.

Second ... Mr. Akins 10/22 accelerator device was never submitted to the BATFE for evaluation. The item that was sent for evaluation was an SKS prototype that did not function. The BATFE never saw, nor did they ever approve the Akins Accelerator - so the individuals stating they reversed their decision do not know the facts. This documentation can be found online with a little Google Fu. The BATFE only required the spring in the AA device and the owners were allowed to keep their rifle stocks.

Third ... the BATFE ruling was made with the SSAR-15 installed ON one of their AR-15 rifles. The BATFE took pictures of the SSAR-15 installed and included it with their approval letter ... here they are.

7 years later...looks like the party may be over for him

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1AFF34B4-B716-41A2-A394-573B0711278A.png

There’s dozens going for almost $1,000. So stupid.... I still wouldn’t pay $50 for one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom