Legal to sell handgun to 18-21 year old--thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You always thought wrong.

21 to purchase a handgun from a dealer. 21 to receive a CCW permit.

Just use good judgment when selling weapons through private transactions and you will be OKAY. :burnout:

Not really back in 99 when I was getting my Armed Security license at SOR in Moore. Paul informed me that I had to be 23 to apply for CCW. I guess it changed since then that's all.

Someone must be desperate to sell a gun to a kid.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my first rifle at age 14 and my first pistol at 16, I guess that was before they started writing laws becasue I got the pistol from a pawn shop.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good call mmchambers, I am 20 and enlisted in the Air Force (I think that counts as "responsible citizen")

And to everyone else, thanks for the advice!

While I am sure you are responsible, it has nothing to do with age or enlistment. Enlistment doesnt mean crap. If it did, I wouldnt have a friend from when I was younger (he is 35 now) who is in the military yet acts like he was 13.

MeanderingBeing

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hrm, bought my Mosin Nagant when I was 18, (private sale about a year ago). My firend bought a SW MP15 from Cabella's when he was 18. I honestly don't see a problem with selling to 18+ year olds beyond using good judgement. If I owned a gun shop, I would have no problem selling to a responsible young adult, but if someone came in with any form of hate symbols or dressed like a hood, I'd tell them to get the **** outta my store, at any age. From experience, folks dressed as such or wearing such symbols will often respond to the question "Do you have a criminal record?" with

"Its been expunged due to age." or lie, only to be caught by background check, or just leave.

I am not trying to anger anyone by making generalizations. I am just speaking from personal experience. When it comes to selling guns to young adults, use your best judgement. Look for obvious signs like 50cent-like attire (I hate to say it but alot of rap DOES glorify gun violence), racial slurs or hate symbols. Wu-tang is good though. I've never met a bad Wu-Tang fan. :P Don't hate me for my words, I am not trying to anger anyone! Just speaking from experience, there are exceptions to every rule! That's where judgement comes in!

MeanderingBeing

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry!!! Petersonb is not the person I was referring to as a flake. it was a person in Tulsa.

...wonder who that could be??? :P Whether it was me or not you are refering to, (I am assuming it is me because I don't own a car atm. What can I say? My parents weren't around to teach me how to drive and I have been living on my own since I was 17. Plus I am saving a ridiculous amount of money not buying gas. If its not, well then I apologize for making an *** of myself.) it is not nice to judge someone before you get to know them. Besides, its the friggin' internet. The person could be Obama masquerading as a flake. Sorry for the double post, but that statement just bugged me a little bit, and I felt the need to throw in my two cents.

EDIT: Irony fits very well when looking at my two posts :P What can I say? I was never very good at talking to people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom