Let’s play Navy…not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know it’s kind of “I know a guy that knows a guy” but here goes. Worked for a really nice feller for many years, Mike Thompson was his name, who happened to play center for Annapolis while another feller named Roger Staubach was there. He had some very cool stories to tell of his Annapolis days.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best part of the whole game was the last qtr
Troof!

I usually don't watch these games because almost every play is a running play. It's like a tradition or something.

Today I was bored and watched them play a pretty good game. Especially the 4th, when Navy had to launch it and showed everybody an air campaign can actually work (they moved right down and scored).

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless Admiral Richmond Hobson was your great-great-great-grandfather. 😜 In my family little green army men were BB gun targets.

https://www.cmohs.org/recipients/richmond-p-hobson
I'm the only Army Vet from a family of Naval Vets. I grew up popping those little green men with a daisy Red Ryder too.
Actually still have a few of them. The folks that sponsor the dinner after the Veterans day parade in Ponca City hand them out to the vets passing down the chow line.
Doesn't matter what branch you served in, you get an Army guy. The best, the finest.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm the only Army Vet from a family of Naval Vets. I grew up popping those little green men with a daisy Red Ryder too.
Actually still have a few of them. The folks that sponsor the dinner after the Veterans day parade in Ponca City hand them out to the vets passing down the chow line.
Doesn't matter what branch you served in, you get an Army guy. The best, the finest.
Because in every war you have to have a ground unit to occupy land. You don't occupy water..

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found it funny, but at the combat swimmers competition held this year, 5th group and 3rd group kicked all the seal team's a$$es! Not that the Marine teams did bad mind you, but when they were dropped off in deep water they just walked ashore and since it was supposed to be "swimming" they said that didn't count.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found it funny, but at the combat swimmers competition held this year, 5th group and 3rd group kicked all the seal team's a$$es! Not that the Marine teams did bad mind you, but when they were dropped off in deep water they just walked ashore and since it was supposed to be "swimming" they said that didn't count.
I've found it amusing that when Army gets into a discussion with a Marine or Sailor about blah-blah, they typically go have a beer together after the discussion.
Naval forces and Marines fight it out among each other.

Latest posts

Top Bottom