"Let me call a buddy..."

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've learned the difference between buddy and friend. I have a friend who uses that term in the same sense that they do on Pawnstars.

Friend (noun)- somebody whose company you enjoy.
Tom invited some friends over to watch the game

Buddy (noun)- a person whose number is in your phone in case you need something. The term buddy is generally followed with a description of that persons capabilities, knowledge, or belongings.
I've got a buddy who __________________ (knows how to fix
your plumbing) (has a clay thrower we can borrow) (can weld)

Dude that's brilliant, I lawled. "Buddy who can...." or "Buddy who has..." We all do that, and I've never thought of it until now. I wonder what percentage of the time "buddy" is followed by whatever skill/tool/toy you want to use him for.

I'm guilty of using the term "buddy" for people that are my friends. Just because buddy sounds more dudelike than "friend".

Really I have maybe 2-3 friends. The rest of them are just "around". Fajita meat for me and said friends when SHTF.

You're confused,you live too "Far within the oaken tower" and don't understand these things.You need to call a buddy to "splain" it to you.

Scary thing is, I'm the buddy that has to explain things.

RH, that's one of the funniest things I have ever read here.

Aww shucks JB, I'm blushing.

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hardcore pawn reminds me of the jerry springer show.:mosh:

X3 pawnstars is slightly educational whereas hardcore pawn is mostly annoying. but the episode where they were all gonna buy guns and the dude threw em all out was funny. evidently they edited out whatever they did to p!ss him off.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hardcore Pawn is a real life pawn that is shown on TV.

Pawn Stars is b.s. made for TV entertainment done in a pawn shop.

I watch them both.

Latest posts

Top Bottom