Let's see them doggies!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Topah, a hospice dog we took in this weekend. As you can tell, he is a gorgeous St. Bernard. Rescue is my wife’s passion, not mine. There are many times I could happily go the rest of my life without looking at another dog. Then we get a case like this. Topah was a stud at a puppy mill in Nebraska. We estimate that the breeder made at least 400k off Topahs progeny. When Topah came into rescue, he was 25 percent underweight, had skin infection over most of body, rotten teeth and large tumors in both ears caused by multiple ear infections. After thousands of dollars and uncountable hours of effort by rescuers, he is back in good health. At 8 years old, he is nearing the end of his life. This coupled with his health issues make him unsuitable for adoption. So, he will spend his days at our house. I usually try not to get emotionally attached to the rescues that come through our doors, but this is an exception. Please, if you are looking for a dog to add to your family, adopt from a shelter. If you choose to buy a pure breed, do research on the breeder to make sure they are decent human beings.

Attachments

• 8F6766B3-C0E7-4E9B-A04F-03F0AB1AA7F0.jpeg
    8F6766B3-C0E7-4E9B-A04F-03F0AB1AA7F0.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
@Cat City Slim

That's an amazing thing you and you're wife are doing for a needy dog. We've adopted or fostered several special needs dogs over the years because we had the means to care for them when our small, local shelter didn't. They can show some pretty remarkable love in return. Obviously you've seen that first hand. Good for you guys for helping this big guy live out his final days in a loving home.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Topah, a hospice dog we took in this weekend. As you can tell, he is a gorgeous St. Bernard. Rescue is my wife’s passion, not mine. There are many times I could happily go the rest of my life without looking at another dog. Then we get a case like this. Topah was a stud at a puppy mill in Nebraska. We estimate that the breeder made at least 400k off Topahs progeny. When Topah came into rescue, he was 25 percent underweight, had skin infection over most of body, rotten teeth and large tumors in both ears caused by multiple ear infections. After thousands of dollars and uncountable hours of effort by rescuers, he is back in good health. At 8 years old, he is nearing the end of his life. This coupled with his health issues make him unsuitable for adoption. So, he will spend his days at our house. I usually try not to get emotionally attached to the rescues that come through our doors, but this is an exception. Please, if you are looking for a dog to add to your family, adopt from a shelter. If you choose to buy a pure breed, do research on the breeder to make sure they are decent human beings.

My sisters have adopted several dogs from their local animal shelters. One was a 9-year-old mixed breed that just somehow didn’t get anyone considering adopting her for a year. When my sister saw her and decided to take her, the entire staff at the shelter lined up in the hallway to say goodbye to the dog. When my sister started taking her for walks, she discovered the dog had such a single-minded devotion to walking straight down the sidewalk with no side glances that her neighbor, who sometimes accompanied them on walks, started singing “Can’t Break My Stride.” The mutt ended up living another six years in a great household.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I’m not happy about having carpet in there, but it was in there when I bought the house. Given I‘m only here about once a month for 3-5 days, I can live with it. :anyone:
I just had to comment on it. 🤣
I helped a friend remodel his bathroom before selling his house a couple of years ago and it had carpet in there. The vile things growing under there still give me nightmares. I'm just glad it was on a concrete slab instead of wood. 🤮🤮🤮

Latest posts

Top Bottom