Truck Guns, let’s see them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious question here. Do any of y'all have a locked/mounted gun 'safe' in your vehicle? One where if someone broke into your vehicle say in a public parking area they wouldn't be able to get it without a LOT of effort and noise.
EVERYONE should. I don't mean to not be courteous here but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people treat their car/truck like it's a safe. I know many people firsthand that have had their guns stolen because they thought a locked truck with a gun "hidden" was good enough. Much like putting your wallet in your shoe at the beach criminals know where to find it.

I have an F-150 and because a long gun is a must for me as a "truck gun" I have a lock box under the back seat. Because I have young kids with car seats I couldn't get the flip-up kind, so I found this ingenious drawer style that pulls out either side. (DEE ZEE DZ701).

In my center console for quicker access for the very rare times when I don't have my pistol on me or had to take it off to go into a controlled facility etc. I have the armrest safe bolted in place.

It's just too easy to secure your guns, also please don't use a magnetic mount that will cause your gun to fly around the car if you are in a car accident and encourage you to leave it unsecured in the vehicle.

I'll have to figure out how to post pics but my truck gun(s) setup is an AR kitted out to my preferences (red dot, light, sling) with a lightweight chest rig carrying reloads in the back seat lockbox drawer and a Glock 17 with holster and spare mags in the center console safe.

mcrosenquist

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Curious question here. Do any of y'all have a locked/mounted gun 'safe' in your vehicle? One where if someone broke into your vehicle say in a public parking area they wouldn't be able to get it without a LOT of effort and noise.

Reason for question: I like going to downtown OKC and occasionally catch a Thunder game. But, since you can't carry in the arena and I won't leave a firearm in my vehicle, I'm generally left without an option.
I have a steel lock box in my car connected with steel cable under my seat that mine gets locked into when I can’t carry

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Reason for question: I like going to downtown OKC and occasionally catch a Thunder game. But, since you can't carry in the arena and I won't leave a firearm in my vehicle, I'm generally left without an option.

Yes. I have a Consul Vault in my Ram 2500. Made to fit the interior of the center consul. Tons of room and give comfort that the typical smash and grab won't get whats inside. Now if truck was parked in my garage and I was on vacation and theif had 30 minutes to pry and bang on it then he'd probably get in. That's not the intended purpose nor my reason to get it though.

I'd really like to keep my new lever gun in my truck but afraid it would get stolen in a smash and grab.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I can’t see the location of every pic you take and post online? Good to see where someones house is, where their daughter is… ot in this case where trucks with guns are located.
I was being sarcastic. Then I realized I maybe posted a pic I didn’t take. Equally negligent. So I’m still a dumbass. Thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom