Truck Guns, let’s see them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was being sarcastic. Then I realized I maybe posted a pic I didn’t take. Equally negligent. So I’m still a dumbass. Thanks for the reminder.
Happens all the time, one guy on here had very expensive guns for sale, pics with location, then vacation pics.. so, knew what he had, where he had it, and that he wasn’t there… I pm’d him :)

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Secondly, I NEVER leave a gun in any vehicle.

Does that mean you carry it out to the truck every single time you go anywhere and take it back in every single time you get home without being able to leave the vehicle in between or are you just saying you don't have a truck gun?

Not a bad plan if you don't have an affixed lock box in the vehicle like many of us.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that mean you carry it out to the truck every single time you go anywhere and take it back in every single time you get home without being able to leave the vehicle in between or are you just saying you don't have a truck gun?

Not a bad plan if you don't have an affixed lock box in the vehicle like many of us.

Reading problems? I said that we sold the truck, so how could I carry a gun back and forth to it? And at one time, I did have a lockbox (not a really secure one) in one of our vehicles just in case I needed to go somewhere that didn't allow carrying.

I also didn't mention it, but the only time I have carried was when I was helping with security at our church. (Our minister was always coming up to me and hugging me to verify that I was armed. He had spoken in sermons before that every husband and father needed to at least own a shotgun.)

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading problems? I said that we sold the truck, so how could I carry a gun back and forth to it? And at one time, I did have a lockbox (not a really secure one) in one of our vehicles just in case I needed to go somewhere that didn't allow carrying.

I also didn't mention it, but the only time I have carried was when I was helping with security at our church. (Our minister was always coming up to me and hugging me to verify that I was armed. He had spoken in sermons before that every husband and father needed to at least own a shotgun.)
"Truck gun" can mean any type of vehicle gun. I assumed just because you sold the truck that you still had some kind of vehicle and didn't walk everywhere. So, if you had a lock box did you really "NEVER" leave a gun in there? Not sure if it's my poor reading or your poor writing that's at issue here.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
EVERYONE should. I don't mean to not be courteous here but it's a huge pet peeve of mine when people treat their car/truck like it's a safe. I know many people firsthand that have had their guns stolen because they thought a locked truck with a gun "hidden" was good enough. Much like putting your wallet in your shoe at the beach criminals know where to find it.

I have an F-150 and because a long gun is a must for me as a "truck gun" I have a lock box under the back seat. Because I have young kids with car seats I couldn't get the flip-up kind, so I found this ingenious drawer style that pulls out either side. (DEE ZEE DZ701).

In my center console for quicker access for the very rare times when I don't have my pistol on me or had to take it off to go into a controlled facility etc. I have the armrest safe bolted in place.

It's just too easy to secure your guns, also please don't use a magnetic mount that will cause your gun to fly around the car if you are in a car accident and encourage you to leave it unsecured in the vehicle.

I'll have to figure out how to post pics but my truck gun(s) setup is an AR kitted out to my preferences (red dot, light, sling) with a lightweight chest rig carrying reloads in the back seat lockbox drawer and a Glock 17 with holster and spare mags in the center console safe.
I've had guns stolen from my home. Zero from my vehicle.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Truck gun" can mean any type of vehicle gun. I assumed just because you sold the truck that you still had some kind of vehicle and didn't walk everywhere. So, if you had a lock box did you really "NEVER" leave a gun in there? Not sure if it's my poor reading or your poor writing that's at issue here.

Just because I had a lockbox in my vehicle at one time doesn't mean that I ever used it. I guess that you missed the comment about only carrying for church security, in which case, the firearm was ALWAYS on my person.

Why do you want to try to create an issue over this?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Use to carry this one everywhere.

IMG_3279.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom