LGS RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've let 24 hours pass since this incident and to see if I am overreacting but I think not. I happen to know one of the owners of this place(name really not important). They are local and advertise on OSA. Went by there yesterday and got treated great by their employee( kind of surprising actually) and everything was fine until I brought my partial trade into the shop. I'm handed it to the guy I know and he handed it to one of his partners( who I don't know) for appraisal. No intro, no thanks for coming in, no semblance of politeness or gratitude for the opportunity to do business. Guy says "so what are we doing assigning a value?". I said yes and he proceeded to examine, fondle and stare at the firearm then stare at his computer for all of 10 minutes or so.Did not say a word to me and then "low balls" me at $250.00 for a gun worth $400.00 wholesale. Now at this point I've got to say that the attitude offended me a lot more than the number! I,just said "pass" and he said ok and that was that.
Now at this point I've got to say that I've had VERY few pleasant LGS experiences in my 60 odd years, but this one is the final one. I'd rather go to a "big box" store and NOT trade and talk to a clerk than spend one more minute of my time and one more dollar of my money with these A## Hats at these places. Usually I see complaints about their employees, but in my view these guys that OWN these places ALL have the "same Mother"!

I'm Done!!!

Rant over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was in a shop in Vegas. Nice place, lots of guns. I'm at the counter looking at a 1911 when a guy walks up and ask if they have a Glock 17, gen 4. Guy behind the counter, who I found out later was the owner, says, and this is verbatim, "we don't sell plastic **** here, if you want a plastic gun, you can go to another shop". I was floored. I walked over to my friend who lives in Vegas and told him what the guy said. My friend told me he's the owner and he's a complete douche nozzle. We left without buying anything.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've let 24 hours pass since this incident and to see if I am overreacting but I think not. I happen to know one of the owners of this place(name really not important). They are local and advertise on OSA. Went by there yesterday and got treated great by their employee( kind of surprising actually) and everything was fine until I brought my partial trade into the shop. I'm handed it to the guy I know and he handed it to one of his partners( who I don't know) for appraisal. No intro, no thanks for coming in, no semblance of politeness or gratitude for the opportunity to do business. Guy says "so what are we doing assigning a value?". I said yes and he proceeded to examine, fondle and stare at the firearm then stare at his computer for all of 10 minutes or so.Did not say a word to me and then "low balls" me at $250.00 for a gun worth $400.00 wholesale. Now at this point I've got to say that the attitude offended me a lot more than the number! I,just said "pass" and he said ok and that was that.
Now at this point I've got to say that I've had VERY few pleasant LGS experiences in my 60 odd years, but this one is the final one. I'd rather go to a "big box" store and NOT trade and talk to a clerk than spend one more minute of my time and one more dollar of my money with these A## Hats at these places. Usually I see complaints about their employees, but in my view these guys that OWN these places ALL have the "same Mother"!

I'm Done!!!

Rant over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Was he overweight and his name Larry by chance?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't help us if we don't know which LGS this was. Customer service is very important, I agree. Sorry you got treated like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally I think you're overreacting. It's very understandable, but still overreaction.

Trading a gun to a dealer and expecting a good deal is as unreasonable as trading in a car.

They made an offer and you refused. No pressure, no attitude. Every deal doesn't have to work out.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I think you're overreacting. It's very understandable, but still overreaction.

Trading a gun to a dealer and expecting a good deal is as unreasonable as trading in a car.

They made an offer and you refused. No pressure, no attitude. Every deal doesn't have to work out.

Wasn't the amount, but the attitude. Could have just as easily said " I d rather not trade. The guy was rude....sat there across from me for 10 minutes without saying anything no hello, goodbye....nothing.
By the way was trading a Sig P220.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather have a the dealer say this is what your gun is worth, here is what I can sale it for, and this the percent I have to make to stay in business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom