LGS RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned long ago selling guns that a pawn shop will typically give you about 1/4 of a gun's value, and a gun shop might give closer to 1/2. There are exceptions, of course, but this is a good rule to start from. If you didn't like the "attitudes", that's a legitimate point...but the offer was normal.

And they'll give you even less for a pawn against something. After I became friends with someone who ran a pawn shop, I could NOT believe how little he had in some of the stuff. As long as there are suckers (or people who are hard up and have no other choice, which is its own sad reality), he can't lose.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He should have said hi etc. I would have been annoyed by that too a little. However, I go to a store to get stuff not socialize. All in all its not that bad of an experience in a gun store. I had a friend that managed a gun store for awhile and he said the hardest thing to deal with was people being offended by trade values or offers.

With the classifieds here why would anyone want to trade a gun in? Just like when you trade a car, you get less because you're dealing with a business.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun people have to be some of THE most emotional buyers on the planet.

Some of Y'all have short term memories. I remember when Sandy Hook when down and online retailers like Cheaper than Dirt were posting get F'ed prices. I don't give a flying squirrel if Jeff has a moment of bad mood. When push came to shove and Fat Boy sold Mega lowers and several other brands, when they got them in, at normal prices. Even let everyone here on OSA know ahead of time. Meanwhile..... online it was $500+.

(No acros were used in this posting in respect for Ridge's wishes)

TRUTH! But it's been more than a week and grown ass adults insist on being blinded by their desire to get whatever flavor they are salivating for at a particular moment.

Not say this is describing you O/P, just my convoluted way of agreeing with GM's observation about gun buyers in general and seconding what how FBT operated during the drought(s), because they didn't have to and many didn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom