LGS RANT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
The topic of the thread is about the OP being insulted when presented with a trade offer. Our success has little to do with how we value used guns.
the topic of the thread is your low trade offer, he said it pissed him off. You believe he is a pissed off guy, and you were a victim of his personality. I guess that is fine in our current world of everyone is a victim, I guess the OP is a "bully."
but, you used your trade value as a reason you are successful against Academy Sports. just an observation, I will say that your approach to this thread would not win me over as a future customer.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the topic of the thread is your low trade offer, he said it pissed him off. You believe he is a pissed off guy, and you were a victim of his personality. I guess that is fine in our current world of everyone is a victim, I guess the OP is a "bully."
but, you used your trade value as a reason you are successful against Academy Sports. just an observation, I will say that your approach to this thread would not win me over as a future customer.
. No intro, no thanks for coming in, no semblance of politeness or gratitude for the opportunity to do business. Guy says "so what are we doing assigning a value?". I said yes and he proceeded to examine, fondle and stare at the firearm then stare at his computer for all of 10 minutes or so.Did not say a word to me and then "low balls" me at $250.00 for a gun worth $400.00 wholesale. Now at this point I've got to say that the attitude offended me a lot more than the number! I,just said "pass" and he said ok and that was that.

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
. No intro, no thanks for coming in, no semblance of politeness or gratitude for the opportunity to do business. Guy says "so what are we doing assigning a value?". I said yes and he proceeded to examine, fondle and stare at the firearm then stare at his computer for all of 10 minutes or so.Did not say a word to me and then "low balls" me at $250.00 for a gun worth $400.00 wholesale. Now at this point I've got to say that the attitude offended me a lot more than the number! I,just said "pass" and he said ok and that was that.
It still does not change the point that Shootin 4 Fun believes it was the OP that had the problem. His handling of this thread made me decide I would not shop at his store, btw I spend 10-15K a year on hunting and shooting.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like both were having a rough day....one was extremely busy....the other was trying to trade a gun.....and that usually doesnt go in the favor of the tradee....unless its a gun thats sought after or the most common being purchased at the time

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't feel like anyone involved is a victim. I stated that our prices and practices are competitive with Academy and that the offers we make for potential trades are higher than those made by Academy.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It still does not change the point that Shootin 4 Fun believes it was the OP that had the problem. His handling of this thread made me decide I would not shop at his store, btw I spend 10-15K a year on hunting and shooting.

And you are free to choose where you shop. Capitalism works both ways.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't feel like anyone involved is a victim. I stated that our prices and practices are competitive with Academy and that the offers we make for potential trades are higher than those made by Academy.

Does Academy take trades?

www.reactiongifs.us_wp_content_uploads_2014_10_aha_coming_to_america.gif

Pokinfun

Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like both were having a rough day....one was extremely busy....the other was trying to trade a gun.....and that usually doesnt go in the favor of the tradee....unless its a gun thats sought after or the most common being purchased at the time
I agree, I know I will always get a better deal selling an item myself. When trading a car, I know it is going to cost me money. I just like to see if the business is working to get my money, or think they are doing me a favor.

Latest posts

Top Bottom