License Arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
I had a Texas CHL back in the late nineties, but when I moved to Oklahoma in 1999, I let it go and never really thought about it again until recently. I purchased an XD(M) in .40 S&W, and applied for my Oklahoma CWL several weeks ago. It arrived today (for anybody waiting for their OK card, OSBI charged my credit card 10/12, and the license arrived at the SO today, 43 days later).

Took my kids to get a haircut for me and my 4-year-old boy, went to the bank, grocery store, and gas station, all uneventfully. As someone who has carried legally before, this wasn't all new, but brought back memories of when it was. As much as I try to be aware (especially when the kiddos are with me), having the pistol on my hip heightens it even more. Also, walking in to a bank carrying a gun just felt weird. My bank in Texas was posted, so that was entirely new.

I appreciate the chance to interact here, and look forward to learning even more from all of you.

Wes Kenney

Marksman
Reaction score
wow that was fast. did they call you or did you call them?

Hearing that others' licenses were arriving at their SO's a couple of weeks ahead of their letters, I just started calling the McCurtain County SO every few days. They were very friendly each time, and this was the third, which I would find significant if I believed in luck...

:)

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contratulations.

If the question regarding how long you have to file is in reference to the time between your approved class and the time you turn your paperwork in....The certificate is good for 3 years from the date of the course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom