light bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We live 129' above our water well on a ridge, and those pumps are really expensive to replace as they have to develop high pressures to pump adequate head pressure to the house./url]

The extra 130' will add about 1/2 to 3/4 h.p. to whatever pump you would normally need at the well elevation. What kind of service life are you getting out of your pumps? If the service life is short, PM me and I would be happy to discuss pumps with you. I drill water wells and have done a lot of pump work in the past.

As far as the low flush toilets, I must have the older ones (1999, 2000). I'm not saving much water with two or three flushes to do the job without clogging.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The extra 130' will add about 1/2 to 3/4 h.p. to whatever pump you would normally need at the well elevation. What kind of service life are you getting out of your pumps? If the service life is short, PM me and I would be happy to discuss pumps with you. I drill water wells and have done a lot of pump work in the past.

As far as the low flush toilets, I must have the older ones (1999, 2000). I'm not saving much water with two or three flushes to do the job without clogging.

We use the 1 3/4 hp pump to maintain 64 psi pressure with a huge pressure tank at the well. I'm thinking the pump head pressure is in the 140 PSI range to get us the 64 at the house elevation. Its been awhile.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that should make your shower head walk and talk for sure! The two main killers of submersible pumps are frequent cycling and heat. The large pressure tank will help with the frequent cycling issue. Setting your pump near the top of your well screen, instead of on the bottom of the well will help with cooling the motor; you can also use a cooling sleeve over the motor to help with this. You've got a beast of a pump for a domestic application. My main concern with getting a long service life out of the pump would be to make sure the electrical wiring to the pump meets the minimum recommended wire size for the length of the run.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent $87 at Lowes the other day and should be good for at least 5 years. I don't plan on living im my current home or in Oklahoma after that. If my ocean front condo in Pensacola has squiggly bulbs so be it!

Coz

Latest posts

Top Bottom