Lincoln Mark VIII question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replace the rubber vent tube?

But hey, you may want to consider just junking the car and parting it out. I would be interested in the electric fan! LOL!

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Replace the rubber vent tube?

But hey, you may want to consider just junking the car and parting it out. I would be interested in the electric fan! LOL!

That is funny. I should part it out since it has 93,000 miles on it. I have actually disconnected the vent hose at the tank and blew air from my compressor through it.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried a new gas cap? I know it sounds silly, but the "drip" mixture that now passes for gas is really hard on all rubber. If the seal has swolen on your gas cap , it might be interfering with the fill vent.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have the actual code number? From your description it sounds like you have a problem with the vent/purge side of the EVAP system. I would probably start with a visual inspection, looking for kinked lines etc. Locate the charcoal canister and remove the electric solenoid/valve (canister vent solenoid/valve). Check the valve in that you can blow air through it, also check the rubber line for air flow too, this rubber line is just a vent and should flow air freely. The solenoid valve is normally open so it should flow air too when unplugged or removed.

What I have seen on a few vehicles is the solenoid valve will get stopped up or seized. There is a filter inside the cap on this valve that can get clogged with debris and block flow. I have also found debris clogged in the vent line that is mounted to the solenoid/valve.

DAMAGAN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family has owned two Marks and I think they are really nice junky cars lol only due to problems though. We had a problem with a tiny little crack in the vent hose which caused all kinds of fuel problems on the Mk 7 and the Mk 8 had nothing but airbag problems just like most that you see in yards and alleys looking like a funny car.

Latest posts

Top Bottom