Local gun shops who WON'T answer phones!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Progun223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I used to talk to Shootin 4 Fun all the time, but once the female midget wrestling season started he's nowhere to be found. No answer. No returned e-mails. It's disappointing. It's like he doesn't even remember our relationship......I'm sorry. I'm tearing up just talking about it. Goodbye.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cannot say anything to this thread.

Try Bear Beam firearms in Tulsa on 41st between Minho and Memorial . Charles is knowledgeable and has a decent stock. Their website is safehomeconsulting.com.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I think the OP DID prejudge their products based on the prices. Look at this:

So after looking online I found Fat Boy Tactical, they have very cheap prices on there barrels which to me is a red flag for quality.

Anyways, customers can spend their money where they wish. FBT does specifically say on their website (which you obviously visited) that telephone is the WORST way to contact them. I've been in their shop many times, and it is almost always full. They run a business on shoestring profit margins for most products. They're not a "boutique" dealer. If you are specifically looking for "high end name brands" then there are plenty of places to get them.

I also will not buy a relabeled product like barrels and LPK's from someone with out a good reputation(such as BCM, DD, Rainer Arms) or the honesty to say to say who they buy them from.

I'm curious why you would even be looking into it? It seems to me what you are looking for is not decent quality with great pricing, but looking to make certain you get the brand name and customer support and reputation you would get from the companies you listed above?

Personally, I've built MANY rifles with parts labeled "FBT" and have never had a problem - but then, I'm one of those guys who doesn't see the point in paying 3x as much (or more) for a rifle labeled Larue or DD or Noveske. Therefore I am FBT's target customer and I have never been disappointed with what I've gotten from them. Never. Ever. Not once.

They support our community, they offer good products at reasonable prices. There are some tradeoffs, maybe, like not being able to field a million phone calls - they sell a TON of stuff online, so you can imagine the hundreds of calls a day they would get from around the country - this would disrupt their business immensely.

Anyways, I hope you find what you are looking for, and there are tons of places that will be more than happy to sell you a very similar product that is marked up 100-300%.

Enjoy!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then we will see a thread on here how someone was standing at the counter, with cash in their hand to actually buy something, and had to leave because they were on the phone the entire time he was there. :)
Exactly. I went to Auto Zone the other day, to buy a case of RV antifreeze. Carried it to the counter, CC in hand when the phone rang. Counter attendant walked away from me, answered the phone, and I stood there for about three minutes waiting on him to say "would you please hold, I have a customer ahead of you", but it never happened. He started looking up parts on the computer so I walked out leaving the antifreeze on the counter.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. I went to Auto Zone the other day, to buy a case of RV antifreeze. Carried it to the counter, CC in hand when the phone rang. Counter attendant walked away from me, answered the phone, and I stood there for about three minutes waiting on him to say "would you please hold, I have a customer ahead of you", but it never happened. He started looking up parts on the computer so I walked out leaving the antifreeze on the counter.

Sounds reasonable to me. I've done the same kinda thing. Bird in the hand, man.... bird in the hand.

berserk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tRIdiot "I'm curious why you would even be looking into it?"
In a later post I pointed out the fact I had two builds going(which I didn't say in the first post), one an SPR clone and an AR pistol. If FBT used a barrels from a manufacturer that had a reputation for accurate barrels at a reasonable cost I would have tried it. The pistol was just a toy to shoot bricks and build as cheap as possible, so a 100$ barrel and 100$ Anderson lower upper combo would have been great. I called probably 20 shops and spent all of 5 minutes on the phone with each and the ones that had barrels had no problem telling me who made them....

I gave my opinion and members have made good points. I didn't read there contact section as pointed out on there website, I saw they were local and had a few products I wanted and some I may want so I did a google search on my phone and dialed them up.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get all that.... personally I don't equate low price with questionable quality, nor high price with high quality.

Just my observation. As noted above (by me as well as others) you're free to spend your money wherever you like and on whatever you like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom