****Local Pit Bull rescue****

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello every one my name is Adam Willbourn.
My wife and I run a local pit bull rescue. We are non profit and take in dogs from the euthanization lists, neglectful/abusive situations and provide them with the medical care they need, rehabilitate them, and give them a second chance at life. We have several tough cases we are working with including a bait dog with a mangled leg, a dog with hip dysplasia at 6 months old, a dog with a broken leg and a few abandoned dogs. Check us out on facebook @ www.facebook.com/epicspitbullrescue or our website @ www.epicspbr.org

We are always looking for fosters. You can pm me if you have any questions or if you are interested in fostering. We are at capacity right now and will need fosters in order to keep helping these dogs.

And i know not everyone is on the same side of the fence with these dogs so if we can keep any and all comments positive on this thread i would greatly appreciate it. I dont want this to become a debate on the breed. I just wanted to reach out to fellow pitbull people.

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The rescues get full fast trust me. Lol. We are getting five male dogs neutered this friday so we should have some boys up for adoption really soon after they heal up.

We have adopted 17 dogs so far this year. I hope to make 2013 a good year for a lot of dogs in need. We have seen some pretty heart breaking cases in the last couple months. It just makes you sick to see how people can treat a dog.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for what you do. The wife and I have been working with rescues for years. We also have a Pit that we took in to foster, but then he made himself at home.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's another "thank you" for what you do. We've got a couple of GSDs right now. They both have some issues, but the male is really a handful. It infuriates me to think what he went through because he is at heart a wonderful dog. If I had an acreage I'd probably be the doggie version of the Russian cat lady. :lookaroun But, sadly ... I do not ... And I have a husband who puts a limit on what I can spend on pet food ... :lookaroun

Good luck with your work!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good on you folks! It's hard enough to run a dog rescue group, let alone one for pit bulls. People are too quick to judge the breed, instead of b!tch slapping some of the "owners" who mistreat those dogs. I have an adopted dog that's part pit bull; he's VERY high energy and a handful, but very loving and eager to please, and gets along well with the other four adopted / rescued dogs at my house :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom