Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I work for the gas company and I deal with dogs all the time. And pits are no exception. Most that I deal with are very nice dogs. But on Occasion they are mean. And 99.99% of the time they are its some loser that owns it. The loser owners raise them to be mean so they all get a bad name.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not that pits are more aggressive than other dogs, it's that they have the capability of screwing you up a whole lot worse than many other breeds if they DO decide to get ahold of you.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to laugh at all the breeds that have been declared as evil over the course of my lifetime.

Rottweilers, dobermans, chows, german shepherds, and "pit bull," have all been vilified and a few have been the subject of breed specific legislation. The concept of "pit bull," specific legislation is especially dumb since there isn't really a well defined breed.

I've only known one dog that attacked a child and it wasn't any one of the special scary breeds, it was a 25 pound Jack Russell terrier.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With all the dogs we have worked with over the years I have had no more problems with pits then any others. In fact I have been bitten more by yippee drop kick dogs then I have larger "evil" breeds.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not a pit, it's a staffordshire bull terrier. I own one that is game bred, she's....a handful at times.

Which is one in the same. There is no Pit Bull breed, they are all lumped together.... including Staffs. Same difference, especially in the eyes of the media and fear-minded public.

http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/american-staffordshire-terrier-american-pit-bull-terrier

Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if the naysayers would distinguish between breeds and mixes in reporting incidencts but that would require logic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom