Pit Bull attacked my wife's German Shepherd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was bit by a poodle when I was little. Bit in the face by an Afghan when I was around 16 and had my wrist bit so hard that it broke it when I was 18. My Rottweiler got into a fight and when I tried to grab hid face to pull him back, he bit the chit out of me. That was my fault, because I knew better then to get in the middle.
I have been snapped by a couple of dogs that I tried to catch for the rescues, but they were only "I'm scared" bites.
My son was bite on the arm by a young pit. He was attacked by two labs at a shelter he was volunteering at. They tore the back of his leg up. If I can find the pics, I will post them. Those two were put down by the shelter.

That was the one thing I was sure of - that I was not going to try to pull that pit off him.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lurker, lots of folks think a round fired straight up comes down at a similar speed, but physics disagrees. It comes down at terminal velocity, and can raise a good welt. Think of it as a lead hailstone. I have met several small town police officers who think a straight up shot can kill when it comes down, and I guess if it hit the soft spot on an infant's head it might, but that's pretty unlikely.

Some of us got to shooting straight up with 7 1/2 dove loads several years ago. When we were able to actually shoot vertically, it was very much like sleet.
It's the straight-up-ness that's problematic here. You've probably also known a few small town police officers who thought it was a bad idea to accidently point a gun at a person even though the safety was on. What could really go wrong most of the time?

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's the straight-up-ness that's problematic here. You've probably also known a few small town police officers who thought it was a bad idea to accidently point a gun at a person even though the safety was on. What could really go wrong most of the time?

If you don't aim straight up, you get what is known as plunging fire.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved my red nose pitbull. He would let kids play with him and never once snapped even when a couple of kids landed on his ribs and made him yelp. But we discovered he would not tolerate having his tail pulled. He growled and snapped at my then toddler son one time and went to live with a family that had no small children. Our last dog got hold of a cat and it was time for it to go bye bye after 5 years in our home.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad that people would destroy something they dont understand, before thy will teach themselves... ;(

Sound familar??...Let me help you out ...Gun Control people??

This is your thread I wont disturb it any more.

Dogs should Never be staked down, if someone is not on the other end of that leash, it should be Atleast on a run.

Im done , glad your dog is going to be ok...much Love..

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You were the good girl, and did not pester those dogs. Kids do dumb things with dogs.

Lol, well I dunno about that, but if my dad would've ever caught me mistreating an animal, he'd have shown me what "pestering" was. I was scared shitless of my dad ... :lookaroun

Honestly, though, I can remember his adult hired help sending me to get dogs out of cages in the kennel because they were afraid of them. I've just always had a "way" with critters ... especially small animals ... not so much horses, though ... those things are EVIL to the bone! Lol

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sad that people would destroy something they dont understand, before thy will teach themselves... ;(

Sound familar??...Let me help you out ...Gun Control people??

This is your thread I wont disturb it any more.

Dogs should Never be staked down, if someone is not on the other end of that leash, it should be Atleast on a run.

Im done , glad your dog is going to be ok...much Love..

I don't think I've advocated for the eradication of the breed, or even for killing the dogs. All of my actions have been to avoid killing them. I just don't want them on my property because they are both dangerous. I think they should have a fenced in yard that can contain them. You're not disturbing this thread, I did that when I stated I shot straight up into the air instead of shooting the dog. That got a good one going. Our dog won't be OK, though. His right leg is mostly paralysed. On a positive note, my wife won't be yelling at him to stop chasing "her" rabbits out in the yard. Don't feel like you've disturbed the thread, Twoguns. I am the lightning rod that catches hell.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it fascinating that so many people here have been bit or even in one case, mauled, by breeds other than pit bulls. Given the lore and all. Reminds me of "assault rifles."

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it fascinating that so many people here have been bit or even in one case, mauled, by breeds other than pit bulls. Given the lore and all. Reminds me of "assault rifles."

I've been bit by a cat, and been held in my vehicle by a pit. We didn't have cell phones at the time, but when I kept honking the horn, my wife came to the door and called the police. (we lived in town at the time) When they got there. I got out when he pulled up. The dog false charged him, but never came all the way in. Animal control came, and the owner got a ticket. So, I guess I fall into that category.

Latest posts

Top Bottom