Pit bull Dogs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has everything to do with the subject at hand. This thread was made in response to the many posts and threads we've had on OSA bashing what are commonly known as "pit bulls" by the public and the media. The term "pit bull" is used to describe basically any short-haired dog with certain physical characteristics, regardless of size.

The point of this thread, and the point of GMT, is actually the same as your point. You're just too caught up in yourself to see it. Most of this thread is tougue-in-cheek.

Good for you for knowing your breed history. However, if the Tulsa world or KOTV writes a story about almost any 20-100lb short haired dog that's not a toy breed or a gun dog, it's a pit bull.

If a reporter wrote about your dog, your dog would be referred to as a pit bull. 60lb Am Staff? Pit bull.

You're literally arguing with people who have been making the same point you're making and are annoyed by the same thing you're annoyed by. Unreal.

A good many of the dogs here: http://www.pickthepit.com/

would be called pit bulls in the news. Only one is.

No, they're claiming pitbull isn't a breed but is a general term. I am arguing it is a breed and the general term is bull dog. It even says that in one of the links one of them posted. They may be arguing about the generalization but they're also wrong and makes them no better than the masses that is my point. If you don't want someone to generalize then don't generalize yourself.

The first dog you picked was American Pit Bull Terrier. It took you 0 seconds, and 1 attempt to find the Pit. The dog most commonly picked first is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the average time is -55 seconds with 8 attempts.

Do I win a prize?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, they're claiming pitbull isn't a breed but is a general term. I am arguing it is a breed and the general term is bull dog. It even says that in one of the links one of them posted. They may be arguing about the generalization but they're also wrong and makes them no better than the masses that is my point. If you don't want someone to generalize then don't generalize yourself.

So satire and irony should be retired because it perpetuates confusion and even extremism? Do you write hate letters to The Onion and Clickhole?

If your were in a bar riding out a tropical storm and someone walks in and says "it's a tad breezy out, huh?", you'd be all "excuse me sir, but the sustained wind speeds outside are high enough to down power lines, send debris airborne, and cause serious damage to mobile homes and gable roofs. I find it incorrect and irresponsible of you to categorize the current winds as 'a tad breezy'."

i3.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_original_000_012_132_thatsthejoke.jpg

Do I win a prize?

Yeah, bend over.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is about that time...............where peoples Christmas puppies have grown too much, crap too much, eat too much...........................so lets go dump them out in the country! I've seen poodles to pits.....every year.

This is why I have 9 dogs.

Took me one attempt and 0 seconds to pick out the pit.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It is a general term to describe a few breeds, including staffys, of which several organizations adhere to. Don't like it? Don't know what to tell you.... you are the .00001% that feels differently. The point of the video that I posted stands, most of the world sees all of these dogs as dangerous due to media hype and that again includes staffys. It really doesn't matter what validation you need for the distinction of the breeds, staffys like other bully breeds are assumed to be dangerous. My point was to relay that inherently, they are not the monster they are made out to be.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So satire and irony should be retired because it perpetuates confusion and even extremism? Do you write hate letters to The Onion and Clickhole?

If your were in a bar riding out a tropical storm and someone walks in and says "it's a tad breezy out, huh?", you'd be all "excuse me sir, but the sustained wind speeds outside are high enough to down power lines, send debris airborne, and cause serious damage to mobile homes and gable roofs. I find it incorrect and irresponsible of you to categorize the current winds as 'a tad breezy'."

i3.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_original_000_012_132_thatsthejoke.jpg

Yeah, bend over.

You're not even going to buy me dinner first? Your analogy skills are lacking, I give you a C-. Do you load your assault rifle with high capacity clips? Nothing related to what I was talking about was satirical, but you can go ahead and try to "get me good" again if you want, go get em slugger.

It is a general term to describe a few breeds, including staffys, of which several organizations adhere to. Don't like it? Don't know what to tell you.... you are the .00001% that feels differently. The point of the video that I posted stands, most of the world sees all of these dogs as dangerous due to media hype and that again includes staffys. It really doesn't matter what validation you need for the distinction of the breeds, staffys like other bully breeds are assumed to be dangerous. My point was to relay that inherently, they are not the monster they are made out to be.

No, bull dog is the general term used to describe a few breeds, including staffys, of which several organizations adhere to. Once again, makes no difference how many people do it wrong, they're still all wrong. Pit bulls are apbt i'm sorry it's so hard for you to understand this pretty basic concept. You definitely load your assault rifles with high capacity clips. People in the united states have always been slackers when it comes to dog breeds, among other things. You're never going to win an debate with "everyone else does it".

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're not even going to buy me dinner first? Your analogy skills are lacking, I give you a C-. Do you load your assault rifle with high capacity clips? Nothing related to what I was talking about was satirical, but you can go ahead and try to "get me good" again if you want, go get em slugger.

Yes, much of what you were talking about is very much satirical. Several of the posters in this thread own or have owned the breeds in question and know the distinction. They know the difference. You're missing it because you're lost in a neckbeardy quest to be correct.

If someone has a dog that is not an APBT, but would likely be called a "pit bull" by the general public, and they say "look at my viscous monster pit bull" next to a picture of their dog being docile...here's a hint: they're not being serious. It's called being tongue-in-cheek, and it's part of vernacular. Ya know, how regular ass folks communicate. Imply and infer. Ya dig? It's a hard concept, I know. I'm so hungry I could eat a horse. I'm freezing to death.

Your assault rifle clip example is you again defeating your self. Knowledgeable shooters here joke about that often. You're proving my point. You awake to it yet? Take a coffee break and reconvene.

You can't win a debate with "well everybody says it?" Maybe not. But you can win or lose a court case with it. Or fail a 6th grade book report.

Latest posts

Top Bottom