'Lone Survivor' movie....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be going to see it. I watched an interview with Luttrell, Wahlberg, one of the other actors, and the director. It was really interesting. Luttrell has a really self depricating, dry sense of humor but I can't help but like the guy. He's still positive and can smile even after the pure hell he went through.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read the book in about 16 hours. Absolutely one of the best books I have ever read and I have been looking forward to the movie since I found out about. Luttrell second book called Service is also a must read. It deals with some of the hurdles he had to face after being rescued and his struggles with going back over seas. Check it out.

ZGXtreme

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was very impressed with the movie. Prior to the op there was plenty of humor as they detailed the family dynamic of the Team. Then the op. Couldn't understand how one of the stunt men didn't end up a cripple during the gunfight. I will see it again when friends who couldn't make the screening would like to see it. Without being a spoiler...keep your eyes open for Marcus scattered throughout the movie.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the opening for January 10 but Flixster says December 27th.

Limited openings in New York and LA I believe....rest of the world in January.

I saw a partial interview with the director, Marcus, Whalburg and another actor and they did talk about how one of the Stuntmen broke a bunch of ribs and punctured a lung doing one of the 90 takes for the 'going down the mountain' scenes.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend saw it. Said there wasn't a dry eye in the house and there was a standing ovation at the end.

To think we have soldiers, who willingly face death, who watch their brothers in arms did, who suffer terrible physical and psychological wounds to protect our country...only to come back to a government that plays politics with their healthcare and benefits....it's UNFORGIVABLE.

God bless all our service people.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Amen, J.B. Nowdays, too many people think the majority of our service guys sit in neat, sterile rooms and pilot drones over hostile territory to do our dirty work. Modern technology does add to current warfare, but it's still "boots on the ground" that gets it done. I'm not a big reader, but in the last few months I've read "Lone Survivor", "The Outpost", and "Fearless". They all are examples of our guy's dedication, professionalism and toughness. It's not just the special ops guys, but everyone, including support personnel. Politics aside, I salute our troops ability to "git 'er done".

38Super

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw this movie this morning. MAN......that is all I can say. the book is on my tablet and will get bumped to the top to the list now.

Go see it is all I can recommend.

Thanks again to all my fellow veterans, past , present and future.

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After watching the sixty minutes interview and reading about the details, I went into the movie expecting something amazing(which it could and should have been). I think the movie was lacking. I give it a six or seven out of ten.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw it this afternoon and it was very good . Difficult to watch in places knowing that the men whose stories they are telling died, but it was well done.

Latest posts

Top Bottom