'Lone Survivor' movie....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good movie overall but holy crap there was a lot of rolling do the mountain. Started to make me car sick.

Might be a good reason for that.

i1180.photobucket.com_albums_x410_farmerbyron_F8B03B61_9B3E_4B4eb242a8c6214f968a1165717c945ff4.jpg

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good movie, and I don't say that about a lot of flicks. As far as Wahlberg's political stance, I don't watch his movies for that. If I judged performers by their offstage / screen lives, there wouldn't be anyone to watch.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That terrain is pretty rugged...no wonder they lost their tacsat. When you have a mountain in between you and the satellite, things get ugly.

Haven't seen the move yet...debating on whether or not to take my oldest son.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back. It's definitely good. Follows the book pretty close. I really wish the script writers would just portray them as written instead of trying to "improve" them. But all in all it's pretty dang good. I'll buy the DVD someday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched two movies in my life, and don't watch TV other than the military channel, or discovery/history type programs, but I'll sure read the book.
From things I've read about stupidwood making movies that don't follow the author's intent, only to have them introduce drama to make some sort of statement that the public in this day and age thinks they have to have to make their day or something. They stray from the writers original intent to tell their story to something that is far from the truth.

I'll pass. Down loading the book as we speak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom