long gone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's Oklahoma Tire (pronounced Taarr) for us oldtimers. :)

They used to be awesome for finding old surplus ammo too!

Worked there through high school and a couple of summers in college. Bought one of those FIE .22 revolvers as well but we had a Charter Bulldog I wanted in the worst way.
Bought a few million bb's and .22 shells there.

sky king

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have the Smith pre-37 Airweight that my Dad bought from Andy Anderson's in 1954. The pink copy of the sales slip shows he paid $50 for the gun and another $5 for a box of 158 grain ball ammo. We were living in Pauls Valley at the time. He kept it in a manilla envelope in a desk drawer down at his office.

Speaking of Oklahoma Tarr & S'ply, What about Western Auto? We had both.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
the counter at old paris was capt ron taylor of okcpd. i bought a s&w 629 4 inch there for 309! also bought a ruger 44 mag semi rifles for 309. prolly bought a half dozen or so when i was broke. the deals were to good to pass up. i think i lay-awayed most of them

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an AR15 at Masburn Arms I don't remember everything I bought at Southwest Shooters.
What about AMC I bought a few guns there. White's Auto and my favorite ammo store when I was young, Gibson's Discount Center.
We still have Shamburg's in Clinton

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have the Smith pre-37 Airweight that my Dad bought from Andy Anderson's in 1954. The pink copy of the sales slip shows he paid $50 for the gun and another $5 for a box of 158 grain ball ammo. We were living in Pauls Valley at the time. He kept it in a manilla envelope in a desk drawer down at his office.

Speaking of Oklahoma Tarr & S'ply, What about Western Auto? We had both.

What a treasure! I'm assuming you still have the box the pre-37 came in? I'm a little surprised that ammo was $5 a box. In relation to the price of the gun, that was a little expensive.

I grew up in Enid and we had 3 OTASCOs if I remember correctly. Had some great pawn shops too. When I was a kid in the 70s I almost bought a Savage O/U .22/.410 at one of the pawn shops for $60. The other store I remember was Montgomery Ward.

Latest posts

Top Bottom