LOOKING FOR A GUN HUNTING REVOLVER .any ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It depends on what you are going to be hunting, for the animals we have in Oklahoma the 44 magnum works just fine. The price of ammo and the recoil is not nearly as bad as the 460.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well the 460 would work.
Ammo is a little iffie to find.
Recoil is definately there.

What are you planning on hunting with that hand cannon?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 4" Ruger Redhawk that would be about as good as you can get for anything I could see hunting with anywhere in the lower 48. You can get them in 44 Mag or 45 Colt (which is what mine is). With Buffalo Bore Hvy loads they will thump whatever they hit hard! You can get these with longer barrels and they are all way below $1K.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
SW 629 6"bbl pre-lock, and pre MIM. Its more accurate than you, and will drop anything that needs shooting in North America. Scope it, buy ammo an don't look back. .460, .480, .500 is just hipe. If you still are a non-believer, I suggest you read up on Elmer Keith.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are you going to hunt with it? Oklahoma deer? Then a .357 magnum with an 8" barrel will do the job within reasonable distances. A .460?? Not sure why you'd want that cannon unless you're going to be in dangerous game areas. And then, you might want to see if you can try some different guns out. Everyone misses occasionally. When a bear is charging you is not the time to find out that follow-up shots are a little more difficult because you can't get back on target fast.

six shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer , hogs you no stuff like that but i want it to be acurate and the ammo not extremly over priced. 0im going to look up the sw 629 and the red hawk. But what is diff on the pre - lock and pre mim .THANKS GUYS

Latest posts

Top Bottom