Looking for accurate/reliable

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mistersolis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Girls and Boys,

This is my first post here, and I'm very new to the forum. I've read through most all of the handgun threads and most seem to talk about CCW. I've always loved shooting guns for recreation, but it's always been rifles.

Now I'm looking at buying a handgun and I'd like some brief input and opinions. It doesn't matter if it's CCW or not - I just want something reliable and accurate that I can use at the range our out at the family farm. Probably either a 9mm or 40 cal. I've heard a lot about Kahr and Glock, and Kahr seems to be the most highly acclaimed from what I've seen - but again - mostly all CCW.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, something reasonable price wise and that wouldn't cost more than 600 or so. Thanks folks.

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a G26 available on here for $500 I think! I have Glocks-G21 and G33 they shoot like a dream, very smooth and consistent not to mention accurate/reliable! You'll kinda have to shoot some, most ranges have guns to shoot to try some out!! :) happy shopping!!!

Welcome to the forum too :D

csiedmond1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a G26 available on here for $500 I think! I have Glocks-G21 and G33 they shoot like a dream, very smooth and consistent not to mention accurate! You'll kinda have to shoot some, most ranges have guns to shoot to try so e out!! :) happy shopping!!!

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Accurate, reliable, less than $600 price range, fun to shoot, easy to work on..... I'd get a Glock, it fills all those needs and wants!

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tons of good options sig, xd, m&p, glock, cz, walther. I suggest going to fondle a few at the gun store or even better, go rent a few at the range.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
can't go wrong with glock 17 and 19... both 9mm, G19 is the compact version.

for CCW S&W 642 or 340PD

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson M&P series, glocks, or springfield xd's all under $600. It's basically a chevy/ford debate. For me, m&p was more accurate and fit my hand better. That's not a knock on any of the others. All three are very fun to shoot, pretty low maintenance, and very reliable. Not to mention getting extra accessories are generally easy to come by as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom