Looking to get into martial arts in OKC... thinking Krav and BJJ. Advice Appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am in my 4th week of Krav and loving it. It's hard work but I truly feel like I learn things every session that can be used immediately. I have had zero martial arts training and have no interest in learning beautiful maneuvers. If I am in a fight, I am in it to win and win fast because I have to. A long time ago I was interested in BJJ because of the realism I felt it had. Now, I am understanding that the ground is not a place I want to be, especially if there are multiple attackers.

I have also heard great things about Oklahoma Combatives. His comments above explain exactly why I love Krav. $75/month is a very reasonable rate too.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone really needs to expand Krav into the Midwest City area...I'm not driving to Edmond/Norman/NW OKC on a weeknight LOL.

Reaction score
8 FREE FULLY PAID SLOTS FOR THIS WEEKEND'S 2 DAY SEMINAR
Hey guys... odd thing.. but some of you will benefit. We had 8 cancellations for this weekend's event. The payment on these slots is non refundable so I have 8 fully paid FREE slots for our 2 Day Self Defense Krav Maga Seminar in Tulsa. For those of you that would "one day like to try it" or "have thought about it". This is a GREAT opportunity. Not only is this krav maga very different than the watered down stuff being taught here in the States, it's FULLY PAID TICKET that includes training from top ICCS instructors and FREE lunch.

If you are able to commit the weekend and would like to attend message me here or email me at [email protected] and I will get you on the list. Remember, there are only 8 available so dont spend time thinking about it. Just commit and have a great time!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
That IS a great deal. Wow. I am going to talk to my wife and see if she is interested in doing this this weekend.

And $75/mo is great, too. I pay more than that for my 10 y/o for his martial arts training.

Reaction score
A couple of people from here have taken advantage of the deal. There are still a few slots left. So for anyone else interested let me know ASAP (TODAY!). OSA has been very kind in the past allowing us to post events which is why this offer hasn't been posted publicly anywhere else.
Some of you have contacted asking what type of information will be covered or how the seminar is conducted..
The seminar is a hands on seminar. After a slight warmup we jump right into the seminar... each technique is performed/demo to the group at full speed (by myself and the other instructor), we then slow it down breaking down the technique, discussing the principles then you partner up with someone and practice.. we walk around and make corrections and really help everyone get the technique down... There will be drills to show that 50% off your technique goes out the window when stressed.. and that is why following principles applied with mindset/aggression is what saves your butt.

TOPICS WILL INCLUDE - Various chokes/holds, gun threats, knife threats, misc weapon attacks, knife attacks, multiple attackers, ground fighting, force on force (gun vs knife) and A LOT MORE. It's 2 Days of giving you as much information as possible to help lay the groundwork to a new mindset and teaching you what a REAL (not Hollywood or Combat Sports) violent attack looks like and how YOU (yes YOU!) can terminate this threat. Anyway, I hope a few more of you from OSA see the rare opportunity presented to you and hope you take advantage of it.

2 Day Camp_NSmed.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Talked to the wife and she's definitely interested... but we need to arrange child care for our son (there are no hours listed on the flyer or website) - who is currently training and is one step below his (junior) black belt. Assuming this class isn't for kids, huh? If not, the wife and I will probably do it, but if it would be appropriate for my son, he would LOVE to do it. He's 10 and he will be jealous as can be if we're doing it without him, but WTH... he'll grow up fast! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom