Love me some High School Basketball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to watch my nephew and nieces girl and boy play basketball tonight. They lost both games, but that's ok. It was great fun. They played good and the girls and boys teams have a lot of youth and they will get better.
Fact is, it was fun and exciting and I loved every minute. When I reffed, it was hard to just watch a game and not dissect the officiating crews transitions and mechanics. Now, I just enjoy.
Watched some parents losing their minds on every play. That's ok. (You learn to let that slide as a ref.) They paid their money and it's their kid. It's the world hanging on a string every second. Even when your trailing by 15 with less than a minute left, WE CAN STILL COME BACK!!!!!
Nothing more pure than small ball. It's great.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. I have nieces that play for Okarche & Cashion. Then a 6'8" nephew who plays for PCNorth. The kid is an absolute beast. Only a junior. So every Tuesday and Friday night it's basketball somewhere.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watched many a state playoff, over the years, that had Okarche. Had the little blonde, years ago, that ended up at OSU and was a star and no bigger than a minute.

Latest posts

Top Bottom