Lurkerinthewoods, proposal for a fool proof gun control measure.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You better not call your rifle a gun in basic training. You will quickly learn it is your rifle.........This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for fighting the other for fun. You will repeat that chant while running around a formation with your rifle held over your head until you drop from exhaustion.
Don't ask me how I know.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You better not call your rifle a gun in basic training. You will quickly learn it is your rifle.........This is my rifle, this is my gun. One is for fighting the other for fun. You will repeat that chant while running around a formation with your rifle held over your head until you drop from exhaustion.
Don't ask me how I know.

Sounds like those mean old drill sergeant guys in the army need a lesson in how to show proper respect to a young person in basic training. I can’t imagine a Marine Corps Drill Instructor being so insensitive and just downright hateful to a poor young man or woman (or combination thereof). I bet one could complain and get some extra little marshmallows in ones evening hot chocolate if one were to be belittled in such a demeaning manner. Sniff sniff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like those mean old drill sergeant guys in the army need a lesson in how to show proper respect to a young person in basic training. I can’t imagine a Marine Corps Drill Instructor being so insensitive and just downright hateful to a poor young man or woman (or combination thereof). I bet one could complain and get some extra little marshmallows in ones evening hot chocolate if one were to be belittled in such a demeaning manner. Sniff sniff.

I bet my Sr. D.I. would've taken me into his hut, and "counsel" me as we enjoyed chocolate chip cookies and coffee. He was such a kind and compassionate fellow.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I know your making this in jest, but I worked with a guy that was in the Army National Guard. He was a DI for awhile and he got reprimanded for cussing. This was in the '80s. I can only imagine how it is now. :(

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know your making this in jest, but I worked with a guy that was in the Army National Guard. He was a DI for awhile and he got reprimanded for cussing. This was in the '80s. I can only imagine how it is now. :(

I shudder to think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom