Lynn Hickey Dodge ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody remember that place?? Oh man ... GC called a while ago. Guess while the guys are taking a break from writing tickets for rolling stops they were taking a walk down memory lane. Didn't he have Evel Kneivel show up here once? I remember when he would take anything for a trade in ... and I do mean ANYTHING. Think that was ultimately his downfall. Hard to put a fair market value on the price of ... well ... certain "delicacies" ... ;)

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remeber when he and Tom Park were in a mini van strung up atop a crane.

** I wonder why the land hasn't sold where his buildings use to be. The property should be fairly valuable. I use to see Tom Park selling cars on TV in the Houston area a few years back.

Cohiba

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He'd also sell cars to cash customers over $10,000 and not report it to the IRS. He got in big trouble over that.

Before they put up the "once you're on the lot, we have to let you out" barricades, my dad used to troll the lot with several salesmen chasing. About the time they'd get even with the bumper of the truck, he'd take off the the next row of cars. Those were some persistent salesmen.

And who can forget the loudspeakers on the lot. Every 15 minutes or so, they'd proudly exclaim "JUST SOLD ANOTHER ONE!".

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, we stopped in there once while looking for a car. First mistake was giving them the keys to my vehicle, so they could "evaluate" it.

Thought I was going to have to call the cops to get it back. Talk about high pressure sales.

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taking keys is common with the shady dealers. Had a buddy call the cops to get his back. Salesman told him he wasn't going to get his key back unless he bought a car.

Lynn Hickey barricades, I remember them well. Made the mistake of going there once, they had the barricades up, they told me I couldn't leave until I filled out a piece of paper with my name, address and phone number.
That day my name was Seymour Butts with my phone # BR549.
One and only time I went there.

Does anyone remember Allan Merrill Chevrolet (Route 66 in Yukon)? Now those were some hiliarious commercials!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a car from them once....but the place always felt creepy, what with their manned exit gate and all.

I went back a second time when I was looking at another purchase and they tried the "keep the keys" trick...I started gettin' loud in the showroom and suddenly the keys showed back up.

Bigjoe.45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went there once! Looking for the TV special and guess what after walking the lot for 45 minutes that one was sold. Took a threat of violence to get my keys back. Valet parking my.....well you get the point. I did see him one morning in the parking lot of the convenience store that used to be on the corner of Britton and May pounding Lone Star beer about 8:30 am! Must have needed some "Deal lube" that day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom