Lynn Hickey Dodge ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a time in my life that I was a car salesman. I learned a lot in that 3 or 4 months. One was that Lynn Hickey apparently had the philosophy that he could make it if he sold one car per family rather than doing fair deals and selling multiple cars to the same family over multiple years.

I remember a story, and I'm uncertain as to its validity, but supposedly a salesman tossed the customer's car keys up on the roof to try to make the sale. Did it to the wrong guy as the dude was strong and picked the salesman up by his shirt front and shoved him against the brick wall about 1 foot off the ground. The salesman managed to find a ladder pretty quick, and he knew he had better not go back down until he had the customer's keys.

I've always wondered if there was more than one set of keys up there.

Now, speaking of shysters, remember Jim Ed Grant Ford in Yukon? He was the dealership that I was working for when he got "out-of-trust" with Ford and their financial folks. Every morning, the financial folks were walking the lot and looking at VIN numbers to see that any car that was sold was paid for to Ford. ("Out-of-trust" meant that the dealer was selling the cars but not paying Ford for those that were sold.) The salesmen were good salesmen doing an honest job, but Grant was the dishonest one.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i bought a truck from lynn hickey , There was a promotion likeL>>live the good life<<<< buy a new truck get $500,00 cash. Weeks went by & did not get the cash, dove up there walked in , They said well mister how u doing . I said well i aint living the good life & i want my $500 . Gt pertty loud before i got the cash & left.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a vehicle from the Hickey in BA. They talked me into taking the vehicle I was looking at home for the weekend while leaving my vehicle there. I came back Monday to find out they couldn't get the "deal" they offered me on Friday past "Mr. Hickey" and they had no choice but to up the amount. I demanded my vehicle back so I could leave but they had SOLD it (they didn't even have a title)! That was it...threw a huge fit, threatened to call the police and finally took their phone to call the cops and when they realized I was seriously dialing 911 they decided they actually could sell the new vehicle for the much lower cost. There was some "sales manager" swearing at sales guys and throwing stuff afterwards (he was very upset someone sold my vehicle and put them in a spot).

Absolute craziest car dealership I've ever seen...they had roadwork barriers everywhere so getting out was like a corn maze. The sales guys would chase you around the lot and promise everything under the sun to get you in front of paperwork. I never went back after that and told everyone I could to stay away. Even to this day if I ever met Doug Hickey again I'd kick him in the kahunas.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody remember the "Cable Auction"? It came on some random local channel around 9, 10, maybe 11 PM and lasted for a few hours. It was done out of a warehouse along I-35 in South OKC. My brothers and I used to watch that show religiously. They closed every bid with "Gone. Sold. Closed. Outta here!" followed by a bicycle horn.

They'd allow people to call in and ask questions about one of the items up for bid and some times you'd get some gems. One time, one of the items was an adjustable wrench and somebody called in asking if it was metric or standard and it took the people a good 5 minutes to figure it out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom