Magnum Research Lite 22wmr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ran another 250 rounds through my Magnum Research tonight. I tried 5 different brands of old stuff and new CCI. Everything ran flawlessly, EXCEPT the CCI. The CCI ammo turned the rifle into a single shot. Every case failed to extract and remained in the chamber. The other brands, PMC, Armscor, Bitterroot (I had never heard of this stuff until I found it with the other ammo) and Federal were all old stuff from the 80s and it all functioned perfectly. Thinking back, I'm realizing that 95% of my problems was with CCI ammo.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ran another 250 rounds through my Magnum Research tonight. I tried 5 different brands of old stuff and new CCI. Everything ran flawlessly, EXCEPT the CCI. The CCI ammo turned the rifle into a single shot. Every case failed to extract and remained in the chamber. The other brands, PMC, Armscor, Bitterroot (I had never heard of this stuff until I found it with the other ammo) and Federal were all old stuff from the 80s and it all functioned perfectly. Thinking back, I'm realizing that 95% of my problems was with CCI ammo.
Thanks! I’ll try to find some older stuff and report back.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That could be a very worthwhile expenditure, because every failure I had with mine was an extraction issue. I'm very interested to see how that works out.
Well, I can officially report the volquartsen extractor made mine run like a top! Ran Norma ammo and Cci with zero issues. To my eye I couldn’t see much if any difference between the extractors side by side on the bench but the gun at the range told me it’s fixed. Photos below of part number or what not. I now like the rifle completely.
9C2D0665-78D0-4F1D-A962-0D78CBB4E06F.jpeg
D76F7DB7-C1BF-4094-8A74-B8E4B5DF7E33.jpeg

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just recently put another 50 rounds of CCI through mine, but using Ruger's 15 rd. magazine. Function was greatly improved, but still not reliable enough for anything but range frustration. I put over a hundred rounds of everything else through it with only one malfunction. I just don't understand why it loves to shoot CCI, but hates to feed it. I guess that much greatness isn't allowed.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Marlin 883 bolt aciton and a Marlin 57M Levermatic, both in 22WMR. Both are tube magazines and both have been extremely reliable with any ammo. Although for accuracy, they both perfer CCI Maximag 40gr HP ammo.
I have 2 rifles in .22 WMFR

Both are Marlins, a 57M and a 1894. Both levers, both fast, both reliable, both accurate.

Not interested in a semi-auto. Perfectly happy with what I have.

I have 3 Ruger 10-22, yet, the Browningever and Win M-61 pump get used much more.

I have always been a lever gun fan. First gun I ever bought was Browning BL-22.
Started doing Cowboy Action, 5 years ago. A slicked up lever gun, in the hands of a practiced, skilled competitor is lightning fast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom