Man rescued from S.C. lake twice, then shot by rescuer in self defense

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man and woman fall off a jet ski into South Carolina lake. Neither one wearing a life jacket.
A couple in a pontoon boat head over there and take both jet skiers aboard. (Rescue # 1)
The jet ski is going around the lake in circles.
Man from jet ski "became agitated" about going back to get the jet ski and assaulted the couple on the pontoon boat.
The woman from the jet ski pushes the jet ski guy back into the lake.
Pontoon boat couple helped the man get out of the lake again. (Rescue # 2)
Apparently there "may have been some type of argument" aboard the pontoon boat and the jet ski dude wound up getting shot in the chest, with fatal results.
According to the local sheriff's office, the pontoon boat dude said he feared for his and his wife's lives.
Local prosecutor (called the solicitor in S.C.) said it looks like self defense.
https://www.wbtw.com/news/state-reg...ng-on-south-carolina-lake-ruled-self-defense/
The jet ski guy wasn't named Murdock was he?

garytx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was years ago when I was a kid fishing the local lake with my Grandpa. We were just drowning minnows along a point hoping for a bite when a boat with a skier in tow came by with the skier coming across the wake really close to our location just feet off the bank.
The boat made a short circle and came around again doing the same thing and went on down the lake.
Grandpa kept watching it, and got into the tackle box taking out a Devils Horse Dancer lure that has three sets of treble hooks to tie on his pole.
When the boat came around again with the same guy jumping the wake and coming close to us, Grandpa tossed that Devils Horse, hooked the guy and then "set" the hook breaking the line in the process. He was that close.
I'd never seen Grandpa mad, and he wasn't then. He just said, boy, we probably need to go home now, so we packed up and left. He never mentioned it afterward.

I like your Grandpa!!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.foxnews.com/us/lake-keowee-911-calls-south-carolina

Harrowing to listen to, and long.

He would have played hell getting me to perform CPR on his dying ass, for a multitude of reasons, not least of which is, as a civilian I have no duty to act. Most importantly, he's bleeding all over hell and half of Georgia. I don't know what type of blood borne diseases he has, and I don't want to find out because I caught it.

It's a shame he's dead, but this knucklehead had every bit of it coming.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom