Man takes on almost 800-pound wild hog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know several guys who have been refused permission to hunt pigs at night.

If pigs are a non game animal, then why does the ODWC state this on there website,
Resident & Nonresident License Requirements: [red]All persons pursuing hogs with a firearm or archery equipment must possess a hunting license[/red] , unless otherwise exempt. In addition, persons pursuing hogs on WMAs open during youth deer gun, bear muzzleloader (in open counties), deer muzzleloader, deer gun, holiday antlerless deer gun (in open zones), elk gun (in open counties) and antelope gun (in open areas) seasons with a shotgun and rifled slug, or any rifle or handgun larger than .22 caliber rimfire, must possess either a filled or unfilled license appropriate for the current season, unless otherwise exempt.

Since it is illegal to hunt in oklahoma with a suppressor then hunting pigs with one would be illegal, judging from what I have read above on the ODWC website.

So no I dont believe I am wrong on those two points. To hunt pigs at night you are at the mercy and will of the state.

Oh, the ol "I know someone... I heard of a guy that..." story. So you are saying that you, personally, have never attempted or have been refused to hunt them at night. I am also going to assume that you do not have a gun with a supressor, so why do you have such a thorn in the side against the ODWC and their regs when neither has affected your hunting? You can hunt hogs with a supressor, and they do liberally hand out spotlighting permits, so... you can believe you are right all you want, but I have personal experience and regulations on my side that say you are not.

As for your other argument about pigs being a nongame animal, I am just going to say you are wrong on that too. The quote from the regs you posted has nothing to do with the classification of pigs as a game or nongame animal. You seriously need to study the regulations before making false statements.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, the ol "I know someone... I heard of a guy that..." story. So you are saying that you, personally, have never attempted or have been refused to hunt them at night. I am also going to assume that you do not have a gun with a supressor, so why do you have such a thorn in the side against the ODWC and their regs when neither has affected your hunting? You can hunt hogs with a supressor, and they do liberally hand out spotlighting permits, so... you can believe you are right all you want, but I have personal experience and regulations on my side that say you are not.

As for your other argument about pigs being a nongame animal, I am just going to say you are wrong on that too. The quote from the regs you posted has nothing to do with the classification of pigs as a game or nongame animal. You seriously need to study the regulations before making false statements.

FYI, I own several suppressors.

and yes I know personally know 2 guys who have been denied a night permit to shoot pigs.

Why the attitude? I mearly pointed out state regs that say you need a hunting license when hunting pigs, for whatever season of game animal it that is open at the time, so I would liek to see you out in the field during deer rifle season, with a suppressor, without a deer tag and license, and tell the gw, that you dont need a license you are only shooting pigs, LOL...

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No attitude, but you seem to have a bit of one towards the ODWC's regs, and the statements you made afterwards were not true.

I would liek to see you out in the field during deer rifle season, with a suppressor, without a deer tag and license, and tell the gw, that you dont need a license you are only shooting pigs, LOL...

Well, to start with, you get a ticket for not having a license and a filled or unfilled deer tag right there, so any argument you make to the game warden after that is probably going to fall on deaf ears. Even though it is not illegal, one should have enough common sense to not be carrying a sniper rifle afield during deer season, you're going to have a tough case to prove.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No attitude, but you seem to have a bit of one towards the ODWC's regs, and the statements you made afterwards were not true.

Well, to start with, you get a ticket for not having a license and a filled or unfilled deer tag right there, so any argument you make to the game warden after that is probably going to fall on deaf ears. Even though it is not illegal, one should have enough common sense to not be carrying a sniper rifle afield during deer season, you're going to have a tough case to prove.

sniper rifle? really, hell thats just about any scoped center fire rifle out there.

fudds abound with "sniper rifles" LOL

problem with the odwc, nope, just dont agree with some of the regs on the books, and do my part to try to get them changed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom