Marine sniper spouse needs your assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Blue Sky was the importer of the M1. Look under the rear sight just above the serial # to find the name of the maker. Just to give you an Idea I just paid
800.00 for my M1, a 1944 Standard Products. Country of origin on the SKS will pretty much determine value. An importers mark should tell country of origin.
That, or locate the arsenal mark, should be on the left side of the receiver, and do some research. A good place to start is http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss there being some value in the SKS.

Yes, there were a lot imported, and they were cheap. Which is why no one cared that they were "bubbified" and "sporterized" and why usually when you see them at gunshows or in the classifieds they usually have mismatched serial numbers, or are missing parts.

If it's pristine, and all matching, it's got a bit more value. I think (pre gun rush) the value to the right person can be in the $300 + range. Post some pictures, and I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable SKS guys can hep you figure where the gun rates.

soup

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes the SKS can be very valuable, some of the rarer one's like the North Korean bring backs from Viet Nam have gone as high as 3,000.00 +
A nice non refurb Russian will bring in five to six hundred, and a nice all correct 1949 Russian can go as much as 800 to 1000.
Pictures of the receiver will help determine what you have. Prehistaria a Chinese was retail starting around 300. Dealers wouldn't give much
more than 250 for a real nice example. Right now though it's pretty much up in the air as I've seen them sell for 500. There are some
Chinese that are worth more to collectors, but to get a premium price you would have to find someone who knows that it is worth the
price.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ditto what the others said. The Carbine is almost definitely is a USGI. Unfortunately the Blue Sky import mark brings the value down a little but not all that much. At minimum it's probably a $500 item and probably more depending on which wartime contractor made it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom