"Marines", "Rangers", "Snipers" and ******** Artists

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm thinking there was some Stolen Valor legislation passed awhile back?
I think it was struck down as a violation of 1st amendment rights and is either under appeal or new legislation is being reworded?
Can't remember all of the details.

I think one of the essential elements of the SV legislation is that it must be proven that the individual lied for personal gain...not just bragging rights. I can't remember the details either.

Some folks just can't be happy with whatever their category of service of service was and have to embellish it....others can't get over that they didn't serve at all and have to make up stories.

I shrug most of them off, unless they are defrauding others like some "tactical instructors" out there who were regular line troops but try to puff themselves up as having been some sort of "operator" in order to lure in more customers.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The BSers can have the glory and attention. I have the respect of my buddys who served beside me. Ill call out a poser but mostly I just shake my head and move on.

Its sad and disgusting.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think one of the essential elements of the SV legislation is that it must be proven that the individual lied for personal gain...not just bragging rights. I can't remember the details either.
I'm pretty sure the Stolen Valor Act got struck down last year, and I think it was the prosecution of that tin-plated asshat who claimed to be an Army Captain and took control of the scene at the I-40 Arkansas River bridge collapse (when it was hit by a barge) that did it in.
Some folks just can't be happy with whatever their category of service of service was and have to embellish it....
I once met the the guy who must've been the busiest son of a gun in Vietnam--seems like everyone else was SF or SEALs or Force Recon, which must've left him as the only Motor Tech in-country...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Stolen Valor Act got struck down last year, and I think it was the prosecution of that tin-plated asshat who claimed to be an Army Captain and took control of the scene at the I-40 Arkansas River bridge collapse (when it was hit by a barge) that did it in.

I once met the the guy who must've been the busiest son of a gun in Vietnam--seems like everyone else was SF or SEALs or Force Recon, which must've left him as the only Motor Tech in-country...

I think your on the right track about the I40 bridge deal.

My Uncle was Commander of the local VFW for many years. I joined when getting back, and talked a guy that I worked with into joining. He had the most amazing story's of any I'd heard. None really bad-ass operator stuff, but just great combat story's. Turned out when we checked his DD-214 for eligibility to the VFW, he was in-country, but served as a bartender at the "O" club in Saigon. Can't remember the exact MOS, but it was in food service.

cueball.tech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Embellishers and bullshitters should have had a separate MOS designation tattooed on their foreheads... Ie... 11B-BS.....no offense to real 11B's

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to remember that part of the reason I served was to preserve their right to freely speak, even if I don't like what they say. It's the same when people are disrespectful, in my opinion, during the National Anthem.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I try to remember that part of the reason I served was to preserve their right to freely speak, even if I don't like what they say. It's the same when people are disrespectful, in my opinion, during the National Anthem.

Power to you Brother; but sometimes it's hard to let a poser keep posin'...know what I mean?

Latest posts

Top Bottom