Marksmen are gonna take down down hogs...from the air!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This comes to my mind any time someone talks about helicopter hog hunting

i.imgur.com_gc0lzp9.jpg

Get some!

I got a real chuckle out of the one reporter upchucking during this scene.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone think they should tell the government that feral hogs are mostly nocturnal? Not to be a total buzzkill but this is why gov't is pathetic.

Why does this matter? When they are being buzzed, no matter how sound asleep they are they will get up to run.

Opening up aerial hog hunting will do very little at controlling the feral hog problem. This is because this is a money making venture. Those who offer this, will have no reason to eliminate the hogs, as this would cut into there business. So you will see hogs caught (trapped, dogged etc) and transplanted. This is a big reason why you see hogs populate other areas of the state so fast. Transplanted feral hogs...it might not be as big of a problem as it once was, but 5-10 years ago, it was pretty rampant.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why does this matter? When they are being buzzed, no matter how sound asleep they are they will get up to run.

Opening up aerial hog hunting will do very little at controlling the feral hog problem. This is because this is a money making venture. Those who offer this, will have no reason to eliminate the hogs, as this would cut into there business. So you will see hogs caught (trapped, dogged etc) and transplanted. This is a big reason why you see hogs populate other areas of the state so fast. Transplanted feral hogs...it might not be as big of a problem as it once was, but 5-10 years ago, it was pretty rampant.

I get it that it's a money making venture. I've hog hunted but never during the day. I'm all for heli-hunting if it helps out but to me,.. (this is my opinion) you'd have to buzz right over the hog den to get them to run. I just don't see a helicopter 200-300 yards away getting them riled up. But it sounds like fun!!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hogs are only nocturnal when pressured to be nocturnal. Just last week myself and 3 others on this board eliminated 25 hogs in one evening at least an hour before sunset.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get it that it's a money making venture. I've hog hunted but never during the day. I'm all for heli-hunting if it helps out but to me,.. (this is my opinion) you'd have to buzz right over the hog den to get them to run. I just don't see a helicopter 200-300 yards away getting them riled up. But it sounds like fun!!

They will probably grid pattern a field much like a crop duster sprays a field. They usually do a pretty good job on coverage. For the hogs, they won't even have to have that good of coverage. I have seen hogs spook from a truck engine noise at 150 yards several times.

tuskbuster

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
politicians seem to get right on the ball when it effects them personally as in Mr.Armes he had(or made sure ) the road in front of his house blacktopped after he was elected ,BUT only just past his home .another 1/4 mile and the whole road would have been done .

Latest posts

Top Bottom