Medical Marijuana and gun ownership/possession

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh? Since I was somehow erroneous on taking your word for it. Do tell. Are you testing these people? Rehabilitating them?

My point is, how do you know what ANYONE is on? I'd wager a vast majority of the crowd throwing stones here, calling people "stoners" on OSA couldn't tell the difference of someone on meth, pills, or weed.

I've been to Colorado since legalization was passed and I just didn't quite see the zombie brigade some of you relay.

Point one: Since MJ is legal in both Colorado and Oregon, I'd guess that I could tell one was on MJ when I see them smoking a joint.

Point two: We lived in Colorado for 20 months and Oregon for 17 months. How much time did you spend in Colorado?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Point one: Since MJ is legal in both Colorado and Oregon, I'd guess that I could tell one was on MJ when I see them smoking a joint.

Point two: We lived in Colorado for 20 months and Oregon for 17 months. How much time did you spend in Colorado?

Point one: So you saw someone smoking weed on the street. Ok... well.... anything else? If I see a guy in a bar drinking a shot is he an alcoholic? You just said your experiences entail more than this and accused me of being confrontational. I wonder how some of the naysayers believe weed isn't everywhere here in Oklahoma, granted it's not in retail shops, the cartel still has the monopoly. For reference it has been one of Oklahoma's top cash crops for years.... let's go all the way back to 1986

https://newsok.com/article/2155057/pot-most-valuable-crop-in-state-lawmen-believe

Is it as "visible?" No, but it's still everywhere.

Point Two: Didn't spend a significant amount of time in Oregon and Colorado. However, my undergraduate degree allowed me to study the pathology of and biological consequences of addiction. Most of this incorporated with hard drug use and it's relevance to PTSD like behavior and anatomical differences relative to "normal." So I have at least some basic understanding to the addiction process. Anecdotally though, I know all sorts of people from what you and others here would label a "stoner" to extremely well to do individuals that prefer weed to alcohol.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The signature location in the airport terminal was frickin brilliant.
I wish they would have some more main stream locations; the list looked like it was mostly smoke/vape/tatoo shops.
I guess a greater percentage of customers in those places would sign, but some place like Walmart would get a few too.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The signature location in the airport terminal was frickin brilliant.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope the people gathering signatures were checking ID. An airport would be a great place to get a lot of signatures from nonresidents...signatures which would, of course, be invalid.

I suddenly find myself questioning the "halfway there" claim--not that they don't have that many signatures, but that they don't have that many valid signatures.

I'd like to see them gathering signatures outside of the county courthouses, especially in the bigger cities and/or the ones with a lot of drug busts.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, because it would be "easy pickin's". Like the small town speed traps. Advertising that a person is breaking a law, or intends to break a law sounds a lot like probable cause.
Depends on where they draw the line. Engaging in political discussion, and especially activism, sounds like the highest class of "protected speech," not "probable cause," and treating it as such would have a tremendous chilling effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom