Medicare Part C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know I talked about this a while back and some people said it was bad, but here are the results for the wife and I. Between us we had almost a million dollars in medical expenses last year with my lung issues, her a couple cancer scares and gall bladder surgery on top of all the regular older person medical expenses, we paid out of pocket $11,000 including copays, etc.

While that has hurt us being on fixed income, and we can not do a lot of the things we really need to as far as home repairs, etc, it sure as hell could have been a lot worse.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had Medicare Part A & B and a supplement (Like Plan F) your cost would have been ZERO.

I do not pay anything for the insurance or have a big deductible. I think it more than balances out.

I have known people with A,B and a supplement that have lost their home etc because of much higher out of pocket expenses than we had.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you had Medicare Part A & B and a supplement (Like Plan F) your cost would have been ZERO.
Plan is expensive but I am glad we took it. My wife and I both have had unexpected health problems many er visits and surgery......cost....0.00

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plan F makes the most sense for us. Plan F costs me 2400 a year. Plan C would have me paying 4900 in deductibles each year. It really is a no brainer. Plan F costs 2500 less and I have never been sent a bill of any kind. I had 2 heart surgerys in the past 2 years and never had a bill sent to me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plan F is probably the best. When we were in Oregon, I signed up with Plan N, which is a bit cheaper than Plan F, but we also heard that Medicare will eventually do away with Plan N and try to get everyone on Plan F.

What I don't know is whether that is still true, as the last time we set up for our medical, they said I could stay on Plan N. However, if looking at supplements, be sure and check them all out.

We didn't check the prescription part as good as we should. We used to get our prescriptions through Humana, but they were going to double the rates on us. We looked into a different one called Wellcare (I think), which was supposed to cover all our prescriptions. They may do that, but we later found out that there is a $400-plus deductible that must first be met. Neither the wife nor I spend that much a year in prescriptions.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes you have to be careful. Since I am not 65 but on disability a supplement plan for me was ridiculous. Plan C covered us both really well since neither one of us had spend much time in a hospital. Few months latter, blam, almost 2 months in for me. Still very happy with what we had to pay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom