Memorial Day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AbundantEntropy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we take our kids every year to the national cemetery in Fort Gibson to show & remind them that Memorial day is not about going to the lake.

Working the whole time but I may drag the kids and wife to go visit my nanaw and poppops grave at ft Gibson. It'd be nice to talk to them as so much has changed since they passed

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well since my boy didn't make the baseball all star team due to politics we will drive to San Diego on Saturday and watch the SoCal Crossfit Regionals competition and then head down to the Hotel Del Coronado for a night or two. The Hotel Del is my 10 year old's favorite place to stay so we are treating him to a nice stay since he got screwed by the adults who run the little league he plays in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Taking my wife to Leavenworth National Cemetary to honor or father.

I spent 2 1/2 years working in the little brick building to the right of the cemetery, drove past it every day. Impressive sight when all of the flags are put in place.

There are rows and rows of unknown soldiers buried there.

Saturday, I'll be with the VFW putting flags on the veterans graves in local cemetery's. Been doing it for 20+ years.

Sunday will be a steel match at the ATA range in Pryor.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll head up to visit my grandparents' graves; first, my dad's folks in Cleveland (and I'll have to go see Billy Vessels' statue at the high school), then my mom's in BA. I'll probably spend the bulk of the day with my brother and his family in Tulsa, and take a gander at the display of casket flags at Floral Haven, where my great aunt and uncle are buried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom