Men's wedding rings?...whatcha wearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so as some of you know, I got engaged over the holidays. Now, my fiance wants to know what kind of ring I want.....I have no clue, never worn a ring. I've never been a big fan of the yellow gold look as far as watches or bracelets....after doing a lil googling...sounds like Tungsten might be more of my suit, seeing as how I work with my hands and it seems to be pretty durable and strong.

So....what kind of rings do most of you married guys wear? Any suggestions or advice?

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tungsten is nice but its brittle I have broke one already. Dropped it.

I don't wear it while working, seen a guy jump down off of a piece of equipment and his finger skin didn't come with him..

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is Tungsten. I like it. I've heard that it cannot be cut, only crushed. So if you work around heavy machinery or something where you could get your hand or ring pinned I would just take it off while you're at work. However it doesn't scratch as easily as the other metals from what I hear. So if you're using hands with tools or something it would probably be alright.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife picked out this nice expensive ring for me before we were married.. then a week before she had left her car for a few minutes to pick the kids up from school and lost A LOT of things.. From then on she will lock the car..

But... so we needed a ring... And I didnt really care for flashy. We just picked up a cheapo ring at wally world.. it has an inside section that spins around the ring itself..

Funny thing.. It has an inscription, and I couldnt read it .... Because i'm getting old, so I asked my wife what it said.. When she said " One ring to Bind them all "..... Um.. No No No.. We need to change it as soon as we can... I can be a geek or a nerd... But I wont wear a neon sign telling the world that I am....

After she started laughing I knew she had got me... Best joke so far.. but it does have some love this.. or love that romantic stuff on it..

It could be a rubber band ... a zip tie... piece of wire... As long as you know your love put it on that finger... and when I spin mine on my finger it brings up thoughts of my love.. Thats all that matters..

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine is gold and diamonds. Wifey had old jewellery melted down and made into the ring then found the diamonds in a pawn shop somewhere.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I wish I would have known about these:

3.bp.blogspot.com__hCAXFXhXK2U_SqVMsT3WwdI_AAAAAAAACTQ_Yv7_wzSfbfd4ca525ecabc56d90c44f845ac012.jpg

Carbon fiber inset!! Awesome. Guy at work has one, but his is either tungsten or titanium with the carbon fiber.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tungsten carbide. Worked in a scrap yard and my hands came in constant contact with metal. Not a scratch yet. Besides that...I have a lifetime warranty from helzberg, if it ever shatters all I have to do is bring all the pieces back and I get a new ring. Also goes for if I need one re sized, they'll just exchange it. I figure since only diamond scratches them, they aren't too worried about them coming back buggered up.
Mine has this wonderful gray hue. Love it. Will last longer than I will.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
White gold with 10 small diamonds and it almost looks like hers. I had a tungsten backup ring that I wore for work but I dropped it in the shower and it broke. I'm thinking I might look for a titanium ring as my backup but so far this things has taken a fair beating and still looks nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom