'Merit-based hiring' might be 'unfair': American Psychological Association

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The government has been running those experiments for years at TAFB. So says a friend of mine. It doesn't work within the system (business) and hasn't really changed the overall outcome and impact in the community either. Same failed experiment in our modern leadership. People seem to think it's a "When is it my turn?" society. Our elected officials do. So how about me. I want to fly a F'n F-16. I have a standard DL and a MC qualification too. I'm a tax payer and consider myself of the more relevant patriotic citizens. My dad and brother served but i didn't. Is it my turn?

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the type of crap the APA and ACA are constantly pulling, made me decide to say eff it, I am done with becoming a counselor, Felt like Bluto, Seven years of college down the drain! (but I aint joining the effing peace corps)

Last edited:

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, to be fair, one should hire based on the principle that everyone should have an equal chance to get the job? A lottery, perhaps? Let’s see: if we need an airline pilot, physician, or a teacher, and everyone should have a fair chance (even children), we should just pick someone at random. I guess that criminals and psychopaths should have a chance, too. What a world this is becoming…..

Latest posts

Top Bottom