!@#$%@$#! Meth heads!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm trying to make a BIG batch of soap and can't find any Lye, Mgr. @ Ace said they pulled it off the market cause of the meth heads, called some chemical places in OKC and they don't carry it. (sodium hydroxide) And when I ask them the tone of their voice changes. guess I'll pay double and try online....rant over.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might try calling Mid-America Chemical in OKC. (405) 670-0101

Sodium Hydroxide does not require a DEA letter to purchase and as far as I know is not on the Home Land Security's chemical of interest list.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame our lawmakers more than the meth heads. The meth-makers will continue to cook it - and find new ways to do so. Meanwhile, our idiots in OKC continue to add product after product to the "hard-as-hell-to-buy" list, making it impossible for the law-abiding to freely get what they want or need. All the while the meth production marches steadily onward.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more tip, when you call and ask for Caustic Soda Beads, lye is an old term and a lot of the CSR's in the chemical distribution business have no idea what lye is. You should expect to pay between $1.00 & $1.50 per lb for a 50 lb bag.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
One more tip, when you call and ask for Caustic Soda Beads, lye is an old term and a lot of the CSR's in the chemical distribution business have no idea what lye is. You should expect to pay between $1.00 & $1.50 per lb for a 50 lb bag.

Finally a post by you that actually provided some handy info.:thumb: Are we seeing the birth of a kinder,gentler S4F??

Latest posts

Top Bottom