Mile shot-site survey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went up to far frozen northern Oklahoma yesterday and met with Dennis Hoddy to look at site to fire the mile shot with my bowling ball mortar. Temp was 19 feels like 8. I can confirm that.

Dennis is one heck of a nice guy and I enjoyed meeting him.

Dennis here the video that I mentioned that shows impact down range .

That is only 445 yard.

Here is a link to the build of this mortar, Bowling ball mortar build . The first post is in 2011, there are 621 post on 21 pages with the latest post this morning.

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations!

Going outside (willingly) below 20F definitely proves your determination...

And the fact that yer both nuts.
:drunk2:

I have friend who use to check the dumpster behind the bowling alley on a regular basis. Then one day he asked at the front desk if they had any to give away and they helped load them. Apparently people abandon bowling balls all the time.

I have a second mortar tube that came with 40 new in the box unfired undrilled 15 lb bowling balls. Kind of like the old days toss in box of ammo as deal sweetener in trade.

Here is my truck with those balls my mule prime mover and the mortar loaded up for the move from Montana to Oklahoma.

www.fototime.com_DDA56767C57D528_standard.jpg

Last edited:

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have friend who use to check the dumpster behind the bowling alley on a regular basis. Then one day he asked at the front desk and they helped load them. Apparently people abandon bowling balls all the time.

I have a second mortar tube that came with 40 new in the box unfired undrilled 15 lb bowling balls. Kind of like the old days toss in box of ammo as deal sweetener in trade.

Here is my truck with those balls my mule prime mover and the mortar loaded up for the move from Montana to Oklahoma.

www.fototime.com_DDA56767C57D528_standard.jpg

you sir, have a lot of balls...

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went up to far frozen northern Oklahoma yesterday and met with Dennis Hoddy to look at site to fire the mile shot with my bowling ball mortar. Temp was 19 feels like 8. I can confirm that.

Dennis is one heck of a nice guy and I enjoyed meeting him.

Dennis here the video that I mentioned that shows impact down range .

That is only 445 yard.

Here is a link to the build of this mortar, Bowling ball mortar build . The first post is in 2011, there are 621 post on 21 pages with the latest post this morning.

Good Lord!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom