Moles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used all sorts of traps and never caught one mole. But I'm going to try again using the techniques some of you suggested. I go out and buy the trap and no one tells me specifically how to use them. But the neighbor lady next to us is always catching them ugly creatures. They're blind and for the life of me I can't figure out how a male and female get together when one is two houses down and the other is the same distance away and they can't see squat. They must have some sort of telegraph system since there aren't any cell phones their size yet.
Mole Goggles.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're blind and for the life of me I can't figure out how a male and female get together when one is two houses down and the other is the same distance away and they can't see squat. They must have some sort of telegraph system since there aren't any cell phones their size yet.
As with blind humans, their sense of hearing and smell are well advanced. ;)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't catch a mole, but I'm deadly on the gophers. Getting close to a dozen so far in the last two months. Lost one trap that got drug underground. I use the survey flags poked into the ground, so I can see when they tip over, I've got a gopher in the trap as they pull against it. My string got too old and weak I guess, OR, a wandering coyote saw an easy meal. Don't know, but the trap is gone and the string was frayed.
As a side note, our Brittany being a pointing dog has the patients to lock up on the smell of a fresh mole or gopher area. He has been on point for almost 30 minutes at times. He gets a few, tears up the yard pretty good in his search, so I try to discourage him.
He will not eat a mole, but gulps down a Gopher. Different results from other posters.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could claim that I trained my Pyr to hunt the moles, but I think she just likes to dig. She will occasionally go into stalk mode, and it's pretty funny watching a 100# white fur ball tiptoe up on her prey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a big dog that was kept outside and she tromped around and the gophers remained far away. Once in awhile she'd kill a gopher or mole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom