Moles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Tulsa, Okla Army surplus sells a lot of it.

Cool. We used to get semi loads of it where I worked back in the early 80's. We manufactured our own acetylene for use in hard facing oil field drill bits that we manufactured.
I need to stop in there anyway next time I'm in Tulsa to see if there are any USGI machete's. Loaned the one I had to a guy and it never came home. Much better steel than the junk you buy in the big box stores.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A friend back in Washington had a trap that fired a 12 Gauge shell when the mole touched a tumbler that hung down in the hole. Even if the shot missed, the concussion did the trick.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A friend back in Washington had a trap that fired a 12 Gauge shell when the mole touched a tumbler that hung down in the hole. Even if the shot missed, the concussion did the trick.
I looked at that option once using a .22 pistol. The relay we used in a Miller wire welder at work had a long arm on it that would pull the trigger nicely. I made a fixture that would hold a motion detector, relay, the pistol, and a plug for an extension cord to power the thing.
Wife saw me setting it up, and veto'd the idea immediately. First thing in the zone would have been our dogs. I argue'd to keep the dogs penned up while in use. I lost.....again.

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at that option once using a .22 pistol. The relay we used in a Miller wire welder at work had a long arm on it that would pull the trigger nicely. I made a fixture that would hold a motion detector, relay, the pistol, and a plug for an extension cord to power the thing.
Wife saw me setting it up, and veto'd the idea immediately. First thing in the zone would have been our dogs. I argue'd to keep the dogs penned up while in use. I lost.....again.

Wow, Maguiver! This was pretty low tech. He sat half a 50 gallon drum on top with a paver to hold it in place. That kept the dogs safe.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No need to reinvent that wheel...

www.molecat.com_shop_wpimages_1452106340_hi_res_device_with_logos_no_cartridges.jpg

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No need to reinvent that wheel...

www.molecat.com_shop_wpimages_1452106340_hi_res_device_with_logos_no_cartridges.jpg
Was going to post something similar to this. Had to set a few of these at my Mother-in-law's house in Wisconsin a few years back, worked great. Used 38 cal blanks though and did not use bags to remove the body parts. Was recommended in the instructions that you just filled up the hole and leave what was left of the critter in it.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a grub issue once - no mole issues really cause the dogs always killed them quick, but the grubs were killing large patches of grass. The best and cheapest thing I found to kill them was cheap powdered laundry soap from Dollar Store. sprinkle it all over and water it in. The ingredient that supposed to brighten your cloths is what kills them...cant remember what that is...phosphorus maybe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom